Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get MP Megatron shipped to Oz?

http://www.megatron.net.au/Index.htm

It is legal to own Masterpiece Megatron in South Australia, Australia. However, it is illegal to import it into Australia under South Australian law. It must have already been in the country to own it.
    Ownership of Masterpiece Megatron is LEGAL in Western Australia, Australia.

However, it will still likely be seized by Customs which is a Federal body. You will then need to obtain a Form B1709A, IMPORTATION OF FIREARMS-POLICE CONFIRMATION AND CERTIFICATION permit from the Firearms Division of the Western Australian Police to have it released to you from Customs.
    Masterpiece Megatron has been made illegal in Victoria, Australia. At present there is no process available for legal importation or ownership.
    Masterpiece Megatron has been made illegal in the Australian Capital Territory, Australia. The NSW permit does not operate in the ACT.
    Masterpiece Megatron has been made illegal in Queensland, Australia, along with other toys based on modern guns, being guns classified as from 1945 or newer. At present there is no process available for legal importation or ownership.

Victorian laws changed in 2011. For Victoria MP Megs and G1 Megs are classified as imitation firearms and it is legal to own them with the Chief Commissioner's approval. Forms can be found here:

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content...ument_ID=25560

I enquired about that Qld law with parliament and there reply was that there is no such law in Queensland and MP-05 is therefore legal.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I enquired about that Qld law with parliament and there reply was that there is no such law in Queensland and MP-05 is therefore legal.
    Make sure you got the info from someone who understood what you were talking about and not some chump. Or at least have what they said officially written down as 'He/She told me over the phone' doesn't usually fly well legally speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Make sure you got the info from someone who understood what you were talking about and not some chump. Or at least have what they said officially written down as 'He/She told me over the phone' doesn't usually fly well legally speaking.
    Yeah I have it in a written letter, not sure where it is tho.

"Yes, I did obtain permission officer but my dog ate it".
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

This is all great info, I've learned a lot! If Megs 2.0 happens, people at least have recourse to own him legally in some states.

I have him... I got him when I was living in Germany and then shipped him back in robot mode... didn't have any problems... just lucky I guess.

Keep in mind that I don't think the guy that runs the Megatron Club updates the section on non-NSW laws.

I got the same response as the Megatron Club guy when MP Megs was brand new (and probably not well understood) that he was illegal by a lady at the QLD firearms branch (that was over the phone). But every enquiry since then has said he either isn't covered under any law and therefore legal or covered by the replica gun laws and therefore legal. Since I got the letter from Parliament saying he's legal and nothing newer than that letter counters it I'm going with he is legal in QLD.

And I know I have the letter, just don't know where it is (I'm wasn't very organised years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Keep in mind that I don't think the guy that runs the Megatron Club updates the section on non-NSW laws.
    I think that guy visits here from time to time
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]