Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: How to get MP Megatron shipped to Oz?

Ongoing topic here about replica gun toys.
    (this topic will be merged with it later)

Don't risk importing it at all if you don't have the legal right to own one. If Customs sees it no matter what state you are in they will seize it and you can be prosecuted. All MP Megatron's ship in robot mode, it makes no difference. If you are in a state that allows ownership of toy guns or you have permits then Megatron will still be seized, but you have legal procedures you can follow to get it forwarded to you by customs. Sometimes a gun Transformer slips through customs, that does not make it legal.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

...or ya know... you could just get the permit and stress less? Many of us here are permit holders.

The law covers any toy that can be considered a replica firearm (i.e. transforms into a gun mode based on an actual gun and can be held like one). So this includes:
    + Microman Gun Robos
    + G1 Megatron (and all reissues)
    + G1 Browning
    + eHobby Megaplex
    + Masterpiece Megatron

Transforming it to robot mode doesn't matter. Since 2007 Australian Customs started intercepting Masterpiece Megatron, despite being packaged in robot mode. They've figured out how to detect these toys in robot mode. Also be aware that Customs can seize parcels across state borders too (AFAIK).

On the plus side, the following Gunformers are perfectly legal in NSW:
    + G1 Shockwave, G1 Galvatron & Classics Megatron (fictitious non-realistic looking gun modes)
    + Smallest Transforming and Reveal the Shield Megatron (too small to be realistically held like a gun)

thanks for the info and help guys,so does it usually take long to get this permit in nsw??

It can take a few weeks, so best to apply ASAP, but before you submit the application, be sure that you are compliant with safe storage requirements. See here for full details about applying for the permit and complying with safe storage requirements in NSW.

Hey Guys

I am new to this forum and just started collecting

I understand that MP5 megs is not legal, but what about the gold re-issue?

Do you think there will be any issues with that?

Cheers!

Welcome to Ozformers

The same laws apply. It's still considered a replica firearm.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]