Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro AUS toy updates for 2013

Default Hasbro AUS toy updates for 2013

Finally, after 2 months, I have some answers from Hasbro... giving us a better idea of what to expect here, and what we are likely to miss here.

NOTE - anything yes or no here is not 100%. A "yes" might change if stores get clogged with old stock, and a "no" might change if stores do well enough to demand more items in the brand (it is rare, but can happen) or Toyworld gets old stock from overseas.

Anything in RED is from Hasbro.
    Anything without a reply is either missed, or not known.
    If a store is listed, it is expected to be exclusive to that store. If no store is mentioned, it is available to all stores (if they want them).

The 2013 product... are they expected here, and if so, approximately when?

Beast Hunters (Legion, Cmdr, Vehicle)Now, Now, May (Big W)
    Beast Hunters (Deluxe, Voyager) (now out in Australia)
    Beast Hunters Ultimate (Optimus, Predaking)Jun/Jul catalogues for both
    Beast Hunters Legion 5-packNot available in AU
    Beast Hunters Roleplay MasksNow

-

Generations DLX W4 – 5 WreckersOnly extra wave we will get is suffix 0006 which is A0169 Optimus Prime WFC2, A0170 Autbot Jazz WFC2, A0171 Shockwave WFC2, A1604 Impactor (Onslaught Redeco), A1605 Twintwist (Brawl Redeco), A1606 Autobot Topspin (Blast Off Redeco), A1607 Roadbuster (Swindle Redeco), A1608 Whirl (Vortex Redeco)
    Generations DLX W5 (bonus comic wave) (Sounds like this isn't coming here, as Wave 4 looks to be the only one here this year)
    Generations Legion W2 - Eject/Ramhorm, Rewind/SunderNot coming to AU
    Generations Legion W3 – Bumblebee, OptimusNot coming to AU
    Generations Legion W4 – Megatron, StarscreamNot coming to AU
    Generations VOY W2 - Grimlock, BlasterNot coming to AU
    Generations VOY W3 – Springer, BlitzwingNot coming to AU
    Generations MetroplexSeptember

-

Kreo Microchangers W1 - (12 figures)Now
    Kreo Microchangers combiners - (4 sets)Now
    Kreo Series 3 Build sets - Ripclaw Strike, Beast Blade Optimus, Battle Net BumblebeePlanned for second half
    Kreo Figure packs – Mech Venom Strike, Dragon AssaultJun

-

BotShots 5-packJun (K-Mart)
    BotShots Series 2 3-packNow
    BotShots Series 2 LaunchersNow
    BotShots Series 2 Dragon Track setNow

-

Rescue Bots series 2 (Energize) Robots - Optimus, Bumblebee, Chase, Heatwave- Do you mean the Rescue Bots? If so, I don’t have plans for these characters as we don’t have the retail support
    Rescue Bots series 2 (Energize) 2-pack figurines - Optimus, Bumblebee, Chase, HeatwaveAvailable now but only at Toy Worlds. Will be in TRU and Target late April/early May
    Rescue Bots series 2 (Energize) single pack figurines – Optimus, Bumblebee, Heatwave, Dont range in AU
    Rescue Bots series 2 (Energize) Electronic - Optimus, Bumblebee, May (TRU) (Already out)
    -

Construct-bots (Scout, Elite, Triplechanger, Ultimate)Sep

-

Year of the Snake – Optimus, Omega SupremeJun/Jul Cat (K-Mart)/ Jun/Jul Cat (Big W)
    Platinum Edition – Ultra Magnus, Grimlock Vs BruticusJun/Jul Cat (Target)/Aug (TRU)
    (Excellent news, if the prices are good on these four)

-

With the release of 2013 product to Western markets in the last couple weeks, does that mean the following 2012 product is not coming to Australia at all?
    (it then lets collectors here know to stop waiting for a local release, and start searching online before the prices go up too much)

Transformers: Prime DLX W5 - Sergeant Kup, Rumble (released AUG 2012)Not coming to AU
    Transformers: Prime VOY W3 - Dreadwing (released AUG 2012)Not coming to AU
    Transformers: Prime VOY W4 - Thundertron, Ultra Magnus (released OCT 2012)Not coming to AU
    Transformers: Prime VOY W5 - Skyquake (released DEC 2012)Not coming to AU
    Transformers: Prime LEG W4 - Knock Out, Fallback, Tailgate (released AUG 2012)We have stock but need a plan to ship it out. Possibly 2nd half
    Transformers: Prime Cmdr W3 - Ultra Magnus, Nightwatch Optimus (released JUL 2012)– We have stock but need a plan to ship it out. Possibly 2nd half
    Transformers: Prime Cmdr W4 - B.T. Bulkhead, Skyquake (released AUG 2012) Not coming to AU
    Transformers: Prime Vehicle W2 - Bumblebee Battlesuit (released JUL 2012)Yes, 2nd half at Big W
    BotShots Series 1 Singles W5 - Skywarp, Roadbuster, Megatron, Bumblebee, Shockwave (released SEP 2012)Not coming to AU
    Kreo Series 2 Build Sets - (7 sets) (released JUL 2012)Not coming to AU
    Rescue Bots Playsets - Police Headquarters, Firetruck (released JUL/AUG 2012)
    Rescue Bots Robots – Blades, Hoist, Medix (released NOV 2012)
    Marvel Agengers Crossovers - Thor, Captain America, Ironman (released JUL 2012)Not coming to Au
    Hasbro Asia/HK Generations - 17 figures in Asia (JUN/JUL), 15 figures in America (SEPT)Not coming to Au

A lot of missed items this year, thanks to all over-supply and shelfwarming Wave 1 Prime toys (and movie toys the year before).
    At least now you know what to chase up online, especially all the Generations toys... which was a surprise, as I was sure we'd have them continue this year. Just goes to show that Toyfair display items are just for Retailers to know what is available to purchase, NOT what will be released here.
    Last edited by griffin; 13th April 2013 at 07:44 PM.

I thought that the legends 5 pack would be picked up by either target or big w for a cheaper transformers option come the mid year toy sale, hopefully bbts stocks it.

I'm really happy that year of the snake Optimus and omega are coming here. If they are the same prices in store as online then I'll save on shipping. Sane for the grimlock vs bruticus pack and ultra Magnus. I hadn't considered them even being stocked here.

Because metroplex doesn't have a store next to it I'm going to assume the major 4 will be stocking it, even more of a chance that it will go on clearance and we can get it cheaper
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

So no comment is neither a yes or no?

Might go looking to order the Generations DLX W5 (bonus comic wave) anyway. That's the only thing on the list I want, isn't coming here, and I don't already have ordered.

Good lot of info though, even if numbers of "no" are disappointing they aren't unexpected.

So we're not getting the IDW Deluxe Generations wave? (Trailbreaker et. al.)

Also, have we seen pictures of these yet?:

Generations Legion W4 – Megatron, Starscream Not coming to AU
    Platinum Edition – Ultra Magnus, Grimlock Vs Bruticus Jun/Jul Cat (Target)/Aug (TRU)

Kinda silly that none of Legions(not the data disks) are suppose to be in scale of Metroplex and they're not showing up here :/ None of the IDW stuff showing up here is a huge bummer. I'm hoping to get Ultimate Predaking at the huge toy sales for cheap.Least we're getting a Grimlock out here,wasn't he suppose to be in chrome along with Bruitcus for the Platinum Edition?

Just goes to show that I will not be trusting Hasbro to deliver toys to this country and will order all my stuff online from now on. And the retailers suffer. I would rather secure the toys I want, rather than hope they will get a local release.

Thanks for the update Griff.

I may be wrong, but didnt Goktimus spot Kup & Rumble at Uncle Pete's Blacktown in the NSW sightings? Mustve been that old stock
    Last edited by Sinnertwin; 14th April 2013 at 02:36 PM.

Man the amount of 'not coming...' to AU there is depressing. I though for sure those cool Generations figures would make it.

Oh well, Off I go to the internet once again. It's a shame as I want to pay local retailers, butt the prices (although they have gotten better really) and the lack of availability really make it hard for me to bother anymore.

I used to enjoy toy-hunting, even if I wasm't going to buy anything, just seeing the toys in the shops was fun, but now it's just sad...

Where did all this "not coming" information come from. I know a few items have been confirmed as not being released here, but not as many as this list supposes. Plus with the toy sales mid year there's always a bunch of surprises and exclusives in them that are often unexpected.

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

i thought we were getting blitzwing and springer, they were at toyfair au?