Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Toys broken while in your possession

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I had my original G1 Superion out on the coffee table this week to take a cuople pics with my new Takara Superion.

Mrs UltraMarginal accidentally knocked it off onto the floor tonight, it came to pieces, the only piece that broke was slingshots neck, clean off in superions shoulder.

she feels really bad because she knows what it means to me, and I'm pretty upset at myself for not shifting it back when I was done with it so an accident like this couldn't happen.

now I have to find an old slingshot I can junk to replace the head/neck/combiner joint in my one.
    Sorry to hear, but I do think you're pretty lucky not to have Silverbolt's terribly flimsy plastic thigh/hip joints snap off where the metal pin goes through.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Two more toys off my "Fallen" list... with a replacement Beast Machines from popculturepooka (I'll have to be extra careful of the hips of this one, and probably never transform it), and RID Spychanger Mirage from BotCon (the gun post broke off in the fist-hole of my old one).

Unfortunately, my Beast Wars Megatron (dino) seems beyond repair without more significant surgery. The panel behind the robot head that becomes the dino chest has one of the panel "arms" broken, and both times I glued it back on with loctite, it would break off from it being too tight where it plugs in to allow it to move during transformation... so I'm going to have to file down one side so that it fits in enough without being too lose to fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I had my original G1 Superion out on the coffee table this week to take a cuople pics with my new Takara Superion.

Mrs UltraMarginal accidentally knocked it off onto the floor tonight, it came to pieces, the only piece that broke was slingshots neck, clean off in superions shoulder.

she feels really bad because she knows what it means to me, and I'm pretty upset at myself for not shifting it back when I was done with it so an accident like this couldn't happen.

now I have to find an old slingshot I can junk to replace the head/neck/combiner joint in my one.
    At least it wasn't a Gen2 Slingshot... the Gen1 Aerialbots are fairly easy to find for a reasonable price.

Not a toy but I got my 2 1/2 year old a Transformers Easter Pack this year, and last night while cleaning I dropped the plastic cup and a big crack went up the side . His first Transformers cup and his dad busted it on him

And to think, I've been worried about him breaking my TF stuff

I just finished a repair. Dropped my Generations Springer and snapped one of the back fins off the peg that clips into the back spoiler.

Luckily was able to pull the peg out of the spoiler and glue it back on. the peg then snapped back in to the spoiler and has full motion again.

My HFTD legends Ravage fell and broke one of its claws.
    First time to transform my ROTF Desert Brawl and looks like the gears are already damaged and not working

For those with Alpha Bravo (and probably Blades, Vortex and the two Victorion members), this could be a point of weakness to be careful with - the front half of the legs have a tab that plugs into the body of the helicopter can take more force to unhitch it (transform to robot mode) than the plastic can bare.

I'll glue it back together, but his transforming days are probably over... which is probably okay because Slingshot replaced him as part of Superion when I combine them, and the helicopter mode is my least favourite Combiner vehicle.

That sucks.
    I hope it doesn't happen on mine because I'm not getting Slingshot.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

The little legends grooves thumb snapped off at one of the grooves in the finger (ironically)

He was holding a Construct-Bots gun which may be slightly to big for him

My Laser Rod Electro's legs exploded. I think the ankle pin was adding a bit too much pressure and the effect of GPS is basically to harden to a point that is no longer flexible like porcelain. I will have to set aside some time to glue him together and make minor mods to relieve any pressure from the 'plastic' (is it still plastic or did it chemically react into something else? - cetainly doesn't feel like plastic anymore)