Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toys broken while in your possession

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    A stress mark appeared on one of Gen. Metroplex's toes tonight while I was playing with him. I should be able to cover it up easily enough with a black marker... but still... you'd think Hasbro would use better quality plastic on such a heavy toy. Gah.
    That sucks - will have to keep an eye on my citybots piggy wiggies

A stress mark appeared on one of Gen. Metroplex's toes tonight while I was playing with him. I should be able to cover it up easily enough with a black marker... but still... you'd think Hasbro would use better quality plastic on such a heavy toy. Gah.
    That concerning. What were you doing with it to cause the stress mark?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    That concerning. What were you doing with it to cause the stress mark?
    Making him walk heel to toe.

Use the hair dryer method if your able to target that bit individually to repair the stress mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Use the hair dryer method if your able to target that bit individually to repair the stress mark.
    How does that work? Do I just blast that area with a hair dryer? If so, how high should I set it, how long etc? (don't wanna inadvertantly melt the plastic)

Thanks.

How does that work? Do I just blast that area with a hair dryer? If so, how high should I set it, how long etc? (don't wanna inadvertantly melt the plastic)

Thanks.
    I tried this with a lighter on a stress mark that appeared on my Cyclonus figure and ended up making it 10x worse; so I would advise extreme caution. Start on the lowest setting and only for a few seconds at a time. Work your way up in power slowly and turn it off the moment you see the barest hint of a reaction from the stress mark. I got overzealous when I noticed a change and ended up watching in horror as the stress mark disappeared only to be replaced by an ugly burn.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    I tried this with a lighter on a stress mark that appeared on my Cyclonus figure and ended up making it 10x worse; so I would advise extreme caution. Start on the lowest setting and only for a few seconds at a time. Work your way up in power slowly and turn it off the moment you see the barest hint of a reaction from the stress mark. I got overzealous when I noticed a change and ended up watching in horror as the stress mark disappeared only to be replaced by an ugly burn.
    You definitely want to isolate the bit that is affected with the stress mark. I did it with my botcon clench, the foot also had a stress mark. I started off on the highest temperature and about 1-2 cm away from the hair dryer for only a few seconds. If it has not faded or improved in ~5 seconds, than i would stop entirely as it maybe closer to being a crack than a simple stress mark. BUT YEAH, YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

I would advise against the use of a lighter, hair dryer only.

Ugh, I've now broken both tabs on the back of Platinum Edition Swindle's chestpiece that connects to the legs in alt/leg mode. He's the only one of the Combaticons I have with bad plastic.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

GAH!!!!

Looked in my g1 84-85 box last night to find Sludges head (broken neck so i bought a junker off ebay that arrived yesterday)

And what do i find....

A Snapped in half Mirage!!!!

Broke the piece on Encore 20a Hook that holds the legs to the torso via the sliding thing. I hot glued it and it's working for now, but I might superglue it.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust