Thread: Toys broken while in your possession

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My worst accident by far was trying to repair my original G1 Megatron. For some bizarre reason I had peeled off his chest / gun barrel stickers and coloured the remaining stickers (the sticker residue / paper) black using a marker

I was using just water to remove the remaining 20+ year old residue and wiping it with a cloth as I was going. As I was impatient waiting for it to dry so I could apply my new Reprolabel stickers, I decided to use my wife’s hairdryer. Anyone want to guess what happened next? Yep, the plastic of Megatrons chest piece melted and warped I was beside myself and in a panic I didn't know what to do and rang my wife at work. Next I rang Jamie (dealer from the Parra Collectors Fair) but he couldn't help me either.

Once I had calmed down, I searched on eBay for a junker Megs, found and bought one, and have since repaired my old one. I never want to go through that again and thus.... I don't play with my toys anymore
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Haven't broke anything significant since I started collecting 2 years ago.
    But within an hour of unboxing Perfect Effect's RC Motobot I had snapped one of the legs off the sniper rifle's bipod. It has since been fixed by drilling in and installing a new peg fashioned from brass rod.

But in my childhood I slowly lost any loose bits from G1 Dirge and Ramjet as well as snapping the canopy and spoiler off G1 Hot Rod.