View Poll Results: GEN VOY Springer - worth buying?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 91.67%
  • Only if...

3 6.25%
  • Not worth it

0 0%
  • I'm not even interested

1 2.08%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations VOY Springer

I'm loving this guy but some of the yellow paint started to chip of the body during transformation. I forgive this a bit 'cause he does transform into an armoured vehicle.

Bloody great toy! The rotor-sword design is quite clever and each mode is fairly solid and work well as a Triple Changer. Gorgeous sculpt with very nice colours. Only minor triple would be the spoiler/stabiliser wing parts which don't lock into position in robot mode.

Highly recommended

Yeah he is very nice, when I got him I regained faith in Hasbro, till I opened Blitzwing.

Not bad at all. No hint of hollowness that has been seen in TF toys of late. Solid construction, especially in the legs.

My only qualm is his car mode and how the bonnet is in 3 distinct parts instead of one continuous surface.
    Actually there's a second small complaint, also in car mode. It's really difficult to get the windscreen to stay pegged together.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Yeah he is very nice, when I got him I regained faith in Hasbro, till I opened Blitzwing.
    Having read comments about Blitzwing and Springer, I intentionally opened Blitzwing first.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    My only qualm is his car mode and how the bonnet is in 3 distinct parts instead of one continuous surface.
    I don't mind it as it helps to make the car and copter modes more distinctive from each other. And once pegged correctly, it looks pretty smooth anyway.

Actually there's a second small complaint, also in car mode. It's really difficult to get the windscreen to stay pegged together.
    I have no difficulty with mine. It's a little bit fiddly; would help if the pegs were larger I suppose, but I wouldn't say difficult. Not on mine anyway.

Blitzwing on the other hand is a freakin' nightmare to peg properly.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't mind it as it helps to make the car and copter modes more distinctive from each other. And once pegged correctly, it looks pretty smooth anyway.
    You have no problems with the gaps at all?

You have no problems with the gaps at all?
    once my one all line up it fit nicely .... but it alot of fiddling first to get it in there

Same. It's a little bit fiddly (not a whole lot), but once everything lines up it's fine. It'd be easier if the plastic were more solid and/or if the tabs were larger, but it's not terribly difficult.

My Springer has some pegging issues, but they are fairly minor, my Blitzwing can't be pegged at all in bot mode.

I opened Springer first, to break up Springer and Sandstorm (when he arrives). Opening a toy and a retool back to back, its a bit lackluster.

Playing with Springer today at Supanova, I've noticed that one side of my Springer's car mode doesn't line up as well as the other side. So it seems to be a QA issue and perhaps not all figures are affected. Cos the right side of my Springer has no gaps at all, but left one does. But as Lord_Zed said, it is a pretty minor issue and nothing compared to Blitzwing.