Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Ironman 3 discussion SPOILERS

Gonna pick up the DVD. I liked the movie and would LOVE to see it again.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Ouch! I'm going into it without any expectations.
    I was pretty harsh on the film.

I'd love to say why, but it'd absolutely ruin the film. After watching it, I think you'll know my main gripe, even if you don't agree with it.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To anyone that hasn't seen or is thinking of seeing Iron Man 3. DO NOT DO IT !!!! It is the biggest pile of steaming shite you will ever have grace your screen. I loved 1 and 2, Avengers etc etc, but this, seriously, even my wife was going "What the hell" Its f@*k!d. The End This has taken the mantle of worst number 3's ever over X-Men and Spiderman. Is there a writers strike on or something?? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Told you.

After this turd and all the issues the next Thor is dealing with I'm starting to worry about the quality of the MCU

Downloaded it and watched it on the weekend. Fell asleep half way through. Didn't think much of it, and Pepper not dying because she became all hot (or as hot as it's possible for Gwenyth Paltrow to get ) was totally predictable. Didn't hate the movie, but didn't do much for me. Go have a bunch of introspection in another movie, I wanna see Ironman fight stuff!

Their take on The Mandarin was pretty funny though - go Trev!

I dont get the part at the end... why did Tony destroy all his armours? If he had destroy them everytime after he created new a suit of armour, then he will not have so many armours in the storage.

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    I dont get the part at the end... why did Tony destroy all his armours? If he had destroy them everytime after he created new a suit of armour, then he will not have so many armours in the storage.
    It was meant to by symbolic of him leaving his old life behind to start anew with Pepper. Hence it being called the 'Clean Slate' protocol.

Never occurred to him to sell them off and use the money to build an orphanage of course

its way too risky... what if someone attack him when all his armours are destroyed? Few AIM powered fella still alive or was not at the site during the final fight.

Bits and pieces of his armours that are damaged/broken are all over the place as well. Someone could collected the parts and reverse engineer it. Very un-tony-stark who is paranoid that someone might their hands on his technology.

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    It was meant to by symbolic of him leaving his old life behind to start anew with Pepper. Hence it being called the 'Clean Slate' protocol.

Never occurred to him to sell them off and use the money to build an orphanage of course
    i more saw it as starting from scratch... with the extremis tech...since through the movie it shows tony seeming to have some knowledge of it and then it seemed to work for pepper...

Bring on GOTG
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy