Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Megatron MP-05 Petition

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Anyone know of a way to help this guy?

He is based in the ACT, and went and got a NSW permit, which is invalid in the ACT. I always thought the ACT had the same policies as NSW, except for X rated material and (until recently) fireworks.

He has read all through the Megatron.net stuff, and needs more help.
    I think I have spoken to this person. He really got the short end! I have given him some tips but it looks like he might have given up.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Is it still legal in WA?

It's on clearence now and my bro in WA is wanting to know if it would be seized. I remember that WA and Qld were following but I cant remember if it's now enforced.

even if it is, it would still be illegal to domestically import that toy to states like NSW w/o a permit.

He lives in Perth. He isn't about to move. I don't need another one.

This seems to be changing almost daily. Best if he made an anonymous call to the WA firearms registry. I have not heard yet personally, but it may still be in the works.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Thanks goktimus for your comments i'ts always good to have someone else put in their expeirence with something like this,i did know of the laws being around since even before G1 megatron,but i was only working off what i was being told by those supposedly in the know within those departments.Yes i did try and make a complaint about the misinformation i was given,but because i had no name or exact time and day it amounted to a big fat rassberry for my trouble.

Last week I was talking to someone whom I've known since I we were schoolkids (although we went to different schools) and still keep in contact with and we talked about how any kid at school who owned a G1 Megatron was an instant legend in the playground because it was so rare.

If you owned Optimus Prime, it was still cool but no where near the status level of owning a G1 Megatron. Well, amongst us geeky toy-playing kids at school... I found most other kids were too busy trying to be "cool Kylie Minogue loving teens" despite still being in primary school.

Every second kid owned an Optimus Prime but very few kids ever owned a Megatron.

when i rang the victorian police about importing another megs, they told me what to do, who to ring and all that jazz, they also said it was banned all over australia. every where.

Yeah, that's what I feared but I keep hearing different things. Although it was apparently banned on a federal level ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Yeah, that's what I feared but I keep hearing different things. Although it was apparently banned on a federal level ages ago.
    i also keep hearing different things, but until I'm told by a Federal coppa otherwise, i'm going to continue to think it's completely banned here.