Thread: Megatron MP-05 Petition

Banned without a permit in NSW.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
    Banned without a permit in NSW.
    My mistake, i can also get a permit, but I'm to lazy, i may look into it tomorrow, no work

I went and checked with Firearms branch again because I realise now that the earlier response I had from them was ambiguous.

So, upshot is - in SA you can own an MP-05, no problem. It's not a firing weapon, and can't be modified into a firing weapon, so no problem there. There's no licensing or permit requirement at all.

The bad news, you can't *import* them. You can purchase one locally with no restrictions, but cannot bring one into the country. It needs to be inside Australia's border already. If you try to import it and it gets seized by customs, tough luck.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Quote Originally Posted by SofaMan View Post
    I went and checked with Firearms branch again because I realise now that the earlier response I had from them was ambiguous.

So, upshot is - in SA you can own an MP-05, no problem. It's not a firing weapon, and can't be modified into a firing weapon, so no problem there. There's no licensing or permit requirement at all.

The bad news, you can't *import* them. You can purchase one locally with no restrictions, but cannot bring one into the country. It needs to be inside Australia's border already. If you try to import it and it gets seized by customs, tough luck.
    ok, I'm moving to SA XD

This means there must be an importation licence available to shops or dealers. This answer poses more questions than it answers!

www.megatron.net.au

the answer to the mp05 problem is simple

we get a helicopter from Asia and fill it with mp05 and then sneak past customs-cant be that hard, then we fly around to everyone who does not have one and parachute the toy into their backyard

then we fly the chopper into a certain european embassays garden-think roses

what's wrong with flying reindeer? ;p

I am shocked. They gave me a permit.
    Thanks Tiby for making this possible. Now off to claim whats mine.

Well done, gamblor!

One thing I noticed about my permit is that it doesn't specifically state "MP-05", nor does it state that one item is permitted. Instead the wording is that the permit holder (myself) can possess the prohibited items (yes, it does say items), subject to the storage requirements etc, as a collector, and that the theme of this collection is "Megatron Transformer".

Which to me means that Megatron & Megaplex are covered by the permit (so long as they are being stored in the same manner). Browning doesn't quite fit into that definition, so I guess that toy is something of a grey area.

Your thoughts, Tiby? You're obviously in a better position that I am to interpret the wording.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I saw that too and wondered about the extent of the permit, especially since it refers to a theme. I may get to try it out as I am toying with getting a Megaplex, but I already own a G1 Megatron so I hope that is covered too.

I would expect that if an issue arose about gunformers, there is now precedent to say that the same policy should apply, and that the one permit is enough.

www.megatron.net.au