Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Megatron MP-05 Petition

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    I am shocked. They gave me a permit.
    Thanks Tiby for making this possible. Now off to claim whats mine.

awesome stuff. how did you get the mp-05! i've got my permit. and got a crappy letter back from customs!! i'll kill em!!! :P
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Quote Originally Posted by bassbot
    hey guys. I sent the claim letter to Customs (i'm a nsw person btw) and they sent a letter back saying because it's been over the 30 days that it's property of the state. Now last year when the shamozle happened, I called customs, the police etc etc did the entire thing and like other people here got a permit recently. I've found the lockable case I want and so want my MP-05.
    Erk... yeah, afaik as soon as you receive the letter you basically need to haul ass and get a permit to get it back asap or possibly contact customs to let them know that you're in the process of acquiring the permit and are interested in retrieving the item... not sure. I would recommend PMing Tiby to see what your options are at this stage. :/

Quote Originally Posted by bassbot
    What have people done to actually physically get it back?!?
    Jedi mind trick.

actually, I got lucky and my MP Megatron came through w/o being inspected/confiscated. I since got a permit just for the security of being able to legally own the toy and in case I want to import any more gun Transformers in the future - I'd really like to know if anything can be legally "retconned" to allow this existing permit to cover non-Megatron gun Transformers like Browning.

I still haven't got mine yet. I have to arrange half a day off work to get to the city to pick it up probably next week. It's a sign...

hahaha. Sweet.

My 666th Transformer was Energon Scorponok (I intentionally wanted a Decepticon leader for my 666th TF, I really wanted Energon Megatron but that toy came out a few waves later and I couldn't wait so I got Scorponok instead). On June 6 2006 I went and tried to find a Decepticon - any Decepticon that I didn't already own to buy on that day... but the only one I could find was Cybertron Skyshadow - which I didn't really want since it was just a repaint of Jetfire... but to add insult to injury, after I got home I read the tech specs and discovered that he's just an Autobot in disguise! BAH!! I still display him on my Cybertron Decepticon shelf though (he is incognito after all, unlike Jetfire who's outcognito)

Then there was this:

<---evil moo-moo mince!

I really hope that's not sitting in your fridge still...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

darockk is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

screw all this permit stuff, transfiguretoys is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by bassbot View Post
    awesome stuff. how did you get the mp-05! i've got my permit. and got a crappy letter back from customs!! i'll kill em!!! :P
    Bassbot, here's the process for NSW:

http://www.megatron.net.au/MC_Masterpiece_MP05_NSW.htm

I have updated it to include the start to finish process. If you like, send me a scan of the letter you received and details of what you have done, including timeframes. I'll see if we can make sense of it.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Meh, i got mine shipped from Singapore, no drama.

Also, the gun mode is much bigger than i thought... not to scale at all.

Is there really any rule out there that says we can't have Mp-05? Or is it more of a case of luck basis where some officer deem it to be unlawful and some don't?

Isn't there anyone in Victoria that wants an MP-05 at all? How come no one wants to write to the Vic Federal Police to ask for a permit? I'm really tempted to get the one from Transfigure toys or shipped from Hongkong ebay for a cheaper rate. Where are you located Springah? Vic?
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

thanks tiby. i'll check the site out again. i might try calling them as well.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett