Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Megatron MP-05 Petition

hey i checked the site. you've got Theo K down as the customs contact. he is the one that sent me my letter. i'll call. then get back to you ...
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    hahaha. Sweet.

My 666th Transformer was Energon Scorponok (I intentionally wanted a Decepticon leader for my 666th TF, I really wanted Energon Megatron but that toy came out a few waves later and I couldn't wait so I got Scorponok instead). On June 6 2006 I went and tried to find a Decepticon - any Decepticon that I didn't already own to buy on that day... but the only one I could find was Cybertron Skyshadow - which I didn't really want since it was just a repaint of Jetfire... but to add insult to injury, after I got home I read the tech specs and discovered that he's just an Autobot in disguise! BAH!! I still display him on my Cybertron Decepticon shelf though (he is incognito after all, unlike Jetfire who's outcognito)

Then there was this:

Honestly, I have no idea how you remember what your 666th TF was. I'm sure that if I asked you for any other number, you would probably draw a blank.

I bet everyone remembers their first TF & their newest and that's about it. My first TF/s (that I still have) were RID Prime & Magnus and my latest acquisition of Movie Cliffjumper is number 265 (according to my TF spreadsheet). Ask me what I got for number 100/200 etc. & I wouldn't have the slightest idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Is there really any rule out there that says we can't have Mp-05? Or is it more of a case of luck basis where some officer deem it to be unlawful and some don't?

Isn't there anyone in Victoria that wants an MP-05 at all? How come no one wants to write to the Vic Federal Police to ask for a permit? I'm really tempted to get the one from Transfigure toys or shipped from Hongkong ebay for a cheaper rate. Where are you located Springah? Vic?
    Basically the federal government (which Customs is part of) decided that it is a replica and a permit is needed to import it. Then each state/territory decides whether it is legal in that state/territory. If people comply with their local laws, then federal customs play along. If not, then they can destroy it.

At my meeting with the NSW Police Ministry they showed me pistols that were just as big as MP05. This included a home-made P-38 which was very large (and well-made). In fact, MP05 was one of the smaller guns there.

Having said that, a 7-Eleven clerk is not going to have time to check if it is an oversized P-38 or a $2 shop special or the real thing. This is the price we pay for these ultra-terror-sensitive times.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse
    Honestly, I have no idea how you remember what your 666th TF was. I'm sure that if I asked you for any other number, you would probably draw a blank.
    That's true. I remember it because I planned it. When I clocked over the 600 mark and as the number 666 drew ever closer, I intentionally wanted to make sure that my 666th Transformer would be some real evil muthafletcher. Ideally I wanted to get Energon Megatron, but the toy couldn't come out soon enough, so I settled for Energon Scorponok instead. He's still a big mean Decepticon leader, so it works.

But otherwise, yeah, I don't remember - I remember my first Transformer (Brawn) and my latest (Carnivac) but otherwise I don't remember who was my 100th Transformer nor who was my 1000th Transformer. This is also why I started the 1337 Transformer thread to encourage myself and others to take note of who will be their 1337th Transformer.

I finally got my Megs home. Some b@%#@ at customs opened the box and put a ballpoint pen mark on the box. Luckily nothing is missing and everything looks ok. I'll take a closer look later but I'm glad this is finally over.

that totally sucks! About 10 years ago I was at Kmart with a friend of mine who was purchasing some Batman figure. It wouldn't scan so the console operator called for a price check from toys. While we were waiting the console operator got bored and started colouring in the DC logo on the back of the card. I looked up at my friend's face and his jaw dropped, eyes popping out silently gasping in abject HORROR! It looked like he wanted to scream but was frozen in terror!

I've imported several Megatron toys over decades of collecting - six of which were Walther P-38s... but I've only ever had ONE Megatron opened and inspected by customs...

That's right - Machine Wars Megatron! And the so-and-so at Customs BENT the card in half when they clumsily shoved it back into the box! As benben2142 would say -- gggrrrrrr!

Well done Gamblor!

The outside packaging of my MP05 from Customs had a ball-bearing in it. No doubt the customs boys were playing with confiscated BB Guns and Megs got in the way!
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
    The outside packaging of my MP05 from Customs had a ball-bearing in it.

That really makes me wonder if they really destroy confiscated items or smuggle it out in their back pocket. Wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Duh, as if they wouldn't.