Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Megatron MP-05 Petition

Default Megatron MP-05 Petition

An existing topic here:
    http://otca.invisionzone.com/index.p...ew=getlastpost

Perhaps a fresh update on what is required and where?
    Or a copy and paste of all the relevent existing posted info?
    Tiby, what do you want to do here?

I have put most of the requirements and so on up on the Megatron Club's website, so I think it might be neater to link to that site:

www.megatron.net.au

It would be great, though, if people from this forum who are also members of the Megatron Club posted here to let us know if they got through the process and received their MP05.

Also, I am happy to help members in other States petition their Governments to line up with the NSW process if MP05 has been made illegal in their State.

I'm going through the checklist now... I'm trying to find a see-through cabinet (glass, perspex et al) to house my MP Megatron. Does anyone know where I can find one? I'm preferably looking for one about the same dimensions as MP Meg's box which are 39cm (L) x 26cm (W) x 11cm (D).

You don't like the one I have obtained?

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Well do you have a spare or know where I can get one like it?

Display & Rack Systems at Villawood or Tempe. I invited you along to visit them a while back...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I got a police officer to sign/verify a photocopy of my 100 points of ID and he had a chuckle over the fact that I'm applying for a firearm permit for a Transformer toy. Although the officer reminded me of why we have this law, he found the fact that a Transformer collector was applying for a weapons permit to keep a toy rather amusing.

Well i have alot to say about this but after a number of stuff ups i'm still waiting to my b709 permit which was sent more than a week ago,when i get it and customs tells me what the (deep breath) next step is then i finally get my MP-5 then i post something bigger.

I went and spoke to the South Australian Firearms Branch of SAPOL this morning, and the indicated to me that they would not be allowing permits for any replica firearms.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Since I've been successful in getting my Megs released from customs, I thought I'd give others a quick rundown of the whole process. Firstly, you have to become a member of the Megatron Club. Once you've become a member, the club will also issue you with a letter stating you are a member which you will need to forward to the Firearms Dept. You will also need to submit a form stating how the item is to be stored (this letter can be found on the Megatron Club website) and another letter stating the value of this item towards your collection (letter for this is also on the website). Take note that Firearms may contact you asking for further clarification on how you intend to store the item which you should be prepared to show. Then you must fill in the permit that NSW Firearms has sent you (assuming you've contacted them to begin with) otherwise just download the form from the club website. Assuming you've done all of the above, in roughly 3 weeks, Firearms will post you a B709 permit along with an actual certificate which states that you are legally entitled to own this item. You then have to forward this permit to customs along with a cover letter stating you want your item released. Customs will then mail you a letter asking you to contact them to organise a time to collect your item from their storehouse in Waterloo. Once that's been organised, voila, instant MP-5!!! It should be noted that I never really needed the permit to begin with but because I ordered one for my friend using my account and name and customs intercepted it, I was foreced to go through the whole process in order to secure his MP-5's release.