Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TF UNiverse 2.0 & next animated wave

Default TF UNiverse 2.0 & next animated wave

The next wave of animated have started surfacing in the major retail shops in Phils. They also have received the initial salvo of TF universe 2.0
    OOOOh hope this means it wont be long now we'll be having these soon as well!

here a link http://transformersph.multiply.com/j...oys_Has_Landed

and if I read those prices right - TF universe figure costs Php699.75 about AU$16 each. Hmmmm i seriously doubt we'd get it for that price
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    The next wave of animated have started surfacing in the major retail shops in Phils. They also have received the initial salvo of TF universe 2.0
    OOOOh hope this means it wont be long now we'll be having these soon as well!

here a link http://transformersph.multiply.com/j...oys_Has_Landed

and if I read those prices right - TF universe figure costs Php699.75 about AU$16 each. Hmmmm i seriously doubt we'd get it for that price
    No we won't get them at that price.

That is the reason why I am skipping this 'Classics' line altogether and going for Henkei. I will be getting better quality toys at the same price or less (including shipping!) as buying a lesser quality Universe toy retail.

So...No thanks Hasbro, Takara have done better and give me a bigger bang for my buck.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    So...No thanks Hasbro, Takara have done better and give me a bigger bang for my buck.
    So true, you can really see the difference in customer satisfaction values these two company has.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

That is the reason why I am skipping this 'Classics' line altogether and going for Henkei. I will be getting better quality toys at the same price or less (including shipping!) as buying a lesser quality Universe toy retail.
    I've already lost the first battle...

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    So true, you can really see the difference in customer satisfaction values these two company has.
    Isn't that because there's only a handful of people (comparatively) who own Takara/TakaraTomy Transformers while there's far people people who own Hasbro Transformers?

Logically, with the more Hasbro toys there are in the western english-speaking fandom, the more faults and quality control issues will be found. And unfortunately, there is the stereotyped perception that "everything from Japan is better".

Funnily enough, the official Binaltech book, The Transformers Binaltech & TF Collection Complete Guide, stated that Japanese fans often go after the Hasbro versions of Alternators because they could be played with without fear of damage or chipping.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Isn't that because there's only a handful of people (comparatively) who own Takara/TakaraTomy Transformers while there's far people people who own Hasbro Transformers?

Logically, with the more Hasbro toys there are in the western english-speaking fandom, the more faults and quality control issues will be found. And unfortunately, there is the stereotyped perception that "everything from Japan is better".

Funnily enough, the official Binaltech book, The Transformers Binaltech & TF Collection Complete Guide, stated that Japanese fans often go after the Hasbro versions of Alternators because they could be played with without fear of damage or chipping.
    No, not everything that Takara does is better than Hasbro but in recent years most of it certainly is.

I am not a Takara fan boy, I will see which company (Hasbro or Takara) offers me the better product for my money and choose accordingly. In this 'Henkei 2.0' release at least, they have certainly earned it as the Hasbro versions are clearly of a very cheap and substandard manufacturing thanks to cost cutting for the sake of greater profits at the loss of the consumer.

In the recent past there has only been a couple of occasions in which Hasbro has done better and as a result they have gotten my business instead of the Japanese counterpart. For example Hasbro's version of MP Starscream is miles above MP-3 but that's it, I cannot think of another.

When it comes to Alternators/BTs I have experienced both and frankly the Alts look like cheap KO copies next to a Binaltech. I will agree that the BTs are more fragile but their quality is still far and above the Alts even though I have had a bad experience with one Binaltech.

Its best to sit down and analyze which company offers you the better product for your money instead of going for the more accessible (easy and quick) option.

While I am waiting on the Takara ones to open, I will be getting these to keep sealed - and can't wait for them to finally hit.

For example Hasbro's version of MP Starscream is miles above MP-3 but that's it, I cannot think of another..
    As usual I disagree with the above, but It is one example of Hasbro trying to please the majority of fans for a change.

The advantage of Hasbro's releases are that they are far more toylike, and don't have any diecast to chip paint from, or chrome to wear of.

That said if you put a Takar release next to a Hasbro one, most of the time the Takrara one looks a lot nicer than the Hasbro's. Not to mention they tend to be packaged a lot nicer. And this isn't just a recent phenomena. Going back to the Robots in Disguise the Car robot brothers releasesd by Takara were of much higher quality than the Hasbro ones that suffered from spliting rubber and only partialy transparent headlights. I personaly think its the japanese mentality toward customer service and satisfaction.

FFN is correct that there are more Hasbro toys out there than Takara, but that's kinda the point Hasbro go for quantity not quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    FFN is correct that there are more Hasbro toys out there than Takara, but that's kinda the point Hasbro go for quantity not quality.
    That's what happens when you up the scale of production. Quality generally goes down as production increases.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|