Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: May's Merchandise

Prime Commander Dreadwing and Legion Ratchet from KMart.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Did I say that? I think the box looks reasonably nice.
    It was some time ago, I think, or maybe someone in reply to you?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Your wife's not gonna notice that you've spent $300~400 on that toy? My wife notices if I so much as spend $7 on a Legion Class figure!
    Quite a few years ago now I managed to conceal the spending of $4K from my wife. (It was for a holiday). You're not trying hard enough Gok. Either that or you're a really bad liar
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Quite a few years ago now I managed to conceal the spending of $4K from my wife. (It was for a holiday)
    You concealed 4K and went on holiday without being noticed? Respect.

I figured it was time I purchase the original cartoon movie while JB-HiFi had 20% off all dvd's and blu-rays.

I like the art work on the cover there Kazza, is it a print of the cinema poster?

Gok, you're not alone, I'm fairly certain that my wife has somehow surgically implanted a "spending alert" chip in my head - she seems to know when I'm just thinking about spending money!

My acquisition comes from Robot Kingdom, Generations legends Optimus prime and Roller and Bumblebee with Blazemaster.

Great little figs (pics soon), but a touch confusingly, on the bottom of the package is the usual info about how the item is distributed in Australia by Hasbro Australia. I thought they weren't being released in Oz

Last edited by Ultra Mackness; 12th May 2013 at 03:08 PM.

In addition to my Skywarp this week, went and picked up MP Takara Rodimus Convoy today! (actually got a reasonable deal on gumtree).

Almost got all the MPs I want for my collection now...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    I like the art work on the cover there Kazza, is it a print of the cinema poster?
    It's Japanese (but I'm not sure if it's from the cinema release or their laserdisc release). I have a very large print of it for my wall.

... a touch confusingly, on the bottom of the package is the usual info about how the item is distributed in Australia by Hasbro Australia. I thought they weren't being released in Oz
    We need an FAQ section as this is a "Frequently Asked Question". It's standard on packaging for Transformers in general and doesn't mean there's any intention for the individual toy to be released here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's Japanese (but I'm not sure if it's from the cinema release or their laserdisc release). I have a very large print of it for my wall.
    Both, IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Quite a few years ago now I managed to conceal the spending of $4K from my wife. (It was for a holiday). You're not trying hard enough Gok. Either that or you're a really bad liar
    It's both. I'm not into telling lies, and I really do suck at it if I try. I also suck at telling when someone is lying to me too.

Gok, you're not alone, I'm fairly certain that my wife has somehow surgically implanted a "spending alert" chip in my head - she seems to know when I'm just thinking about spending money!
    Heh, tru dat. My wife's a former accounts clerk, so as someone who used to make a living out of tracking finances, there's just no pulling the wool over her eyes (at least, not for me). But to be honest... I wouldn't want to anyway. I basically just plan ahead when making large purchases. For example, the single most expensive purchase I've made since I got married was Encore Fort Max ($320* incl. postage) - I'd been gradually saving up for that toy since last October, so when the toy was shipped and we got billed, I just gave her the cash.

---------------------------------------------
    *Making it my 2nd most expensive TF purchase ever - Brave Maximus still remains my most expensive at $400 incl. postage