Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

So WWE seems to have taken an Optimus Prime Peterbilt and painted it to promote Becky Lynch.

https://twitter.com/WWEUniverse/stat...y-night-raw%2F

One of the episodes of Lego Masters this week (first or second episode) showed us one of the contestants' toy room... full of 80s action figures, including Transformers.
    It was a very nice room, with all four walls full of toys, and a sofa in the middle to just sit there and enjoy the view (probably a TV there too, but the toys would be too distracting).

Tonight's episode of Hard Quiz has a contestant who is a fan of Mazda cars, and he showed photos of the different Mazda cars he's owned, including a white one that was painted with red/blue stripes and had Martini logos... similar to Gen1 Jazz, but not exactly like that toy's deco though (wrong sort of car too, but would look fairly similar though).

Just noting that the movie Ted 2 is on tv tonight on 9Go at 9.30pm.
    This one features Hasbro in the plot and parts were filmed at the NYCC in 2014 so you'll see the actual Transformers display at the Hasbro exhibit.
    It's interesting to have Mark Wahlberg in this film dealing with the Hasbro company, in between staring in his two Transformers movies.

Show called Garage Gold on channel 94 (9Life) tonight had G1 Swoop toy.

The guys remove ‘rubbish’ from people’s garage free of charge & get to keep anything of value.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    One of the episodes of Lego Masters this week (first or second episode) showed us one of the contestants' toy room... full of 80s action figures, including Transformers.
    It was a very nice room, with all four walls full of toys, and a sofa in the middle to just sit there and enjoy the view (probably a TV there too, but the toys would be too distracting).

Tonight's episode of Hard Quiz has a contestant who is a fan of Mazda cars, and he showed photos of the different Mazda cars he's owned, including a white one that was painted with red/blue stripes and had Martini logos... similar to Gen1 Jazz, but not exactly like that toy's deco though (wrong sort of car too, but would look fairly similar though).
    There is a 'G1' sticker kit for the Alternators Jazz. available from Toy Hax.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Ozark Season 3. Marty’s 80 year old therapist arrives in a bright yellow McLaren..... “It’s not a car. It’s a transformer,”

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just heard an interview with this guy... he thinks he has about 4000 toys.

Found my "official" DB with my TF collection on the weekend and updated it yesterday.... 4100ish.... Man i wish i had a "room" instead of " many boxes to store away from sight"

I don't know if anyone enjoys The Weekly Planet podcast like I do, but they've done a lot of Transformers content recently. Caravan of Garbage is a show they do where they watch a movie (or read a comic book or play a game) every week and then talk about it for 15 - 20 minutes.

They're both childhood G1 fans, so there's a good deal of fan humour in there (it's not just LOL MOVIE IS BADD)

Transformers

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Bonus video they did on the strangest Transformers
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

In the first season of the Australian tv show "Wanted", in one of the scenes in the background is a collection of Transformers, including Combiner Wars, Energon, Year of the Snake and Generations as well as several others.

On a side note, this is actually from my collection, my brother was part of the set design and asked to use my figures. Though I was only allowed to use Hasbro figures, no Takara Tomy or 3P. I gave roughly 100 figures of different series to let them use, and apparently people on the set wanted to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by miles_prower View Post
    In the first season of the Australian tv show "Wanted", in one of the scenes in the background is a collection of Transformers, including Combiner Wars, Energon, Year of the Snake and Generations as well as several others.

On a side note, this is actually from my collection, my brother was part of the set design and asked to use my figures. Though I was only allowed to use Hasbro figures, no Takara Tomy or 3P. I gave roughly 100 figures of different series to let them use, and apparently people on the set wanted to buy them.
    That's so cool!!!!