Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11212627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

Is that this show?

If so, which episode?

Quote Originally Posted by miles_prower View Post
    ... my brother was part of the set design and asked to use my figures. Though I was only allowed to use Hasbro figures, no Takara Tomy or 3P.
    Why was the display restricted to Hasbro only? I can understand not wanting to promote bootlegs and IP infringing products, but no Takara Tomy?
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

That is the show Griffin, sadly I haven't seen it so I can't say, but I know that it's season 1. I was rather surprised to see it wasn't posted in this thread yet.

High Q, it's about getting permission from companies to use certain products. A few companies had said no to including there products, but when the production asked Hasbro, they agreed. So I let them hire my Hasbro figures, and I do mean hire, I was compensated for them using them.

From what I've heard, the show is pretty decent and I still find it funny that people wanted to buy my figures when my brother brought them in. From what I was told, they wanted to create a "Nerds" bedroom for that scene.

Had a rerun of Everyone Loves Raymond playing in the background the other day (might have been over a week ago feel like i'm losing track cos of isolation)
    Anyway had RID01 Prime and Magnus and of course i noticed that of all things, it's really the little things haha

Quote Originally Posted by miles_prower View Post
    High Q, it's about getting permission from companies to use certain products. A few companies had said no to including there products, but when the production asked Hasbro, they agreed.
    That's very informative. Learn something new everyday.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

"Optamus primed" geddit geddit? Check out the top shelf. Clipping from a local Perth community newspaper (Southern Gazette 30/7/20).

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    "Optamus primed" geddit geddit? Check out the top shelf. Clipping from a local Perth community newspaper (Southern Gazette 30/7/20).

Yeah that was mine . Reused it from a different paper last year . It was a finalist for best headline in last years WA media awards

Another Caravan of Garbage, this time for Age of Extinction

Next week, TLK.

(just again, these guys are Transformers fans its not just randoms going LOL MOVIE IS SHIT) (which it bloody is)
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Another TF themed headline from the Southern Gazette (17/9/20). Some journo there must be a TF fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Another TF themed headline from the Southern Gazette (17/9/20). Some journo there must be a TF fan.
    Scroll up two posts (#307) to see who is the person doing those headlines.