Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1323282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

Quote Originally Posted by Justice for Ironhide View Post
    I dont know if this has been mentioned or not, but a part of optimus prime can be seen stuck to a wall in alt-mode in an assasins creed game
    Ha, that's funny. Never seen this reference before. I wonder if this is just part of a wall, or performs some other function in the gameplay.
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

IIRC the original AC was heavily outsourced to get it out on time so some of the art might not have been historically accurate.

Ubi set up their massive internal support infrastructure because of having to outsource one too many games.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

The governor of California held a press-conference yesterday outside Universal Studios in Los Angeles, to announce that the state was now dropping most of its covid restrictions... and some of the Universal Studios characters there to support him included Bumblebee and Optimus Prime... and "Optimus" even spoke to the Governor at the start of the announcements.
    I saw it on The Late Show last night, but there are some copies on youtube, like this one but it has some annoying ads at the start.

When you said Optimus spoke to the guy I didn't expect it to actually sound like Optimus.

Also, ads? What ads? Just use UBlock Origin and the ads are gone.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...dnhcphjbkeiagm
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I already use an ad blocker for websites, but keep getting websites that won't let me see it if I don't turn off the ad blocker.

Another sorta related thing...

Today on TV I saw the start of the 1972 version of Treasure Island, which had Orson Welles as Long John Silver, and Lionel Stander as the Billy Bones (at the start of the movie).
    Obsessed fans of the 1986 Transformers movie will recognise those two actors as the voices of Unicron and Kup (respectively), and the character of Billy Bones was a constant story teller, who quite often sounded like Kup (another story teller).
    It was really surreal when Lionel's character first shows up and starts talking, and I could close my eyes and see Kup talking.

Watching HYBPA? last night I saw a new TV commercial for Paramount+ the newly rebranded version of 10 All Access coming soon.

First thing in the ad is a clip of Optimus Prime, with another clip of Prime from Age of Extinction later in the ad, amongst all the other Paramount-owned movies and TV that will be on the platform.

Clip here:

^ Ah man. I really hope I don't have to sign up to Paramount+ in the future for the new Star Trek series. I'm happy watching them on Amazon Prime and Netflix.