Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

Just watched Aliens yesterday and I noticed the Shockwaves mentioned previously. I didn't know which movie they were in and it caught me off guard.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

In the 2014 video game "The Crew":

Nectar - drive 8.05 km in a yellow Chevrolet Camaro SS
    I bet you already know what it means
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Channel 32 (SBS2) has been screening episodes of Robot Chicken after their Wednesday 80s double feature, which ends up being around midnight.
    Their episodes are only about 10 minutes long, but feature a lot of 80s references and toys.
    One episode last night had a "where are they now" type of skit of 80s action figure characters, and Soundwave was a port-a-loo at a rock event.

I think this is the first time Robot Chicken has been on free-to-air TV here?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Channel 32 (SBS2) has been screening episodes of Robot Chicken after their Wednesday 80s double feature, which ends up being around midnight.
    Their episodes are only about 10 minutes long, but feature a lot of 80s references and toys.
    One episode last night had a "where are they now" type of skit of 80s action figure characters, and Soundwave was a port-a-loo at a rock event.

I think this is the first time Robot Chicken has been on free-to-air TV here?
    Dude - you are just discovering Robot Chicken now?!?!

You have A LOT of Transformers related sketches to catch up on! Everything from Optimus getting prostate cancer to Megatron attending a self-help seminar to Bumblebee jacking it while watching two girls soap up a sports car - they freakin LOVE the TF's!

Its never been on free TV before that I know of, so never seen more than a few clips on youtube of TFs ones.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Its never been on free TV before that I know of, so never seen more than a few clips on youtube of TFs ones.
    Optimus replacing the tin man in the nerds Alice in Wonderland dream is quite good. I've got all 6 seasons on DVD - hop in the car for 18 hours and drop by and we can watch'em

MAD TV (some nights on Channel 99 GO! after midnight) also has a lot of 80s references and toy characters... which I have caught a few of.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    After listening to today's Giant Bomb game of the year deliberations where Saints Row IV's use of "The Touch" almost got them the "Best use of a licensed song" award I'm going to buy Saints Row IV and play it to the end just to see this Transformers reference.
    I'm only just finding this out now!?

I've been playing the game the last week or so, currently in "ignore missions, collect collectibles" mode

Just watching Season 6 Ep 02 of Archer. A guy they battled in an early season who got his hand ripped off is back and just had a big fight with Sterling and Lana.

Conway (paraphrasing)
    "No hell hath fury like a woman scorned"
    Lana: You are definitely concussed
    Archer: Not to mention a Decepticon (a reference to the fact he is evil and is part robot)

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but in Community S1E12 "Comparative Religion", Pierce says that because Britta asked if he was in a cult, she owes him 2000 energon cubes.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust