Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm wondering if I missed that episode or if I was totally oblivious to Galvatron just sitting there....

On Mad as Hell they we’re talking about Jackie Lambie and saying how powerful she is. The interviewee character said ‘She practically is the Prime Minister, in fact practically the Optimus Prime Minister’

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Posted over on TFW, the appearance of a Gen1 Ultra Magnus toy in a promo video for the 3rd season of the Netflix show Stranger Things (set in the 1980s). They have a link to the youtube video and screen-grabs in case the video is taken down.
    The scene in question happens in the first episode. Which is set in 1985... a small oops that probably only matters to TF fans.

I’ve seen some people say that it appears that UM is remote controlled, but my read of the scene was that the toy was placed on a remote controlled vehicle or something.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

On an Indigenous Affairs TV ad from the NT there are a bunch of boys hanging out on the street and one of them is wearing an Autobot T-Shirt

The classic movie that started all of these "Transformers sightings in other media" back in the early years of the online fandom in the 90s, is on tonight... Leon the Professional, is on channel 32 at 9.15pm.
    This is the movie that has a hitman reluctantly take in a 12 year old girl, who loves watching Transformers cartoons.

On My Little Pony Twilight Sparkle was looking through a box of her old stuff from when younger and found a toy and went ‘(Gasp) My G1 Starswirl Action Figure!’

I was watching American Dad tonight (Cops and Rogers, s6 ep14) and they used The Touch for a montage scene. It’s an old episode but didn’t come up with a search.

And I recently saw the stage musical version of Mean Girls. Those that know that movie might remember the Plastics performing in sexy Santa costumes at a talent show. Well that’s in the musical too but is preceeded by two other talent show acts, one of which is two guys wearing transforming (movie) Optimus Prime and Bumblebee costumes.

Might be the closest Transformers gets to the Broadway stage. Presumably the Paramount connection of the films lets them do this. (Unless you count walking to Times Square and get a photo with one of the few street performers in unofficial Optimus and Bumblebee costumes).

The TV guide says that one of the eleven episodes of the Simpsons that are on free-to-air tonight (yes, eleven episodes in one night), is the halloween episode that has a Transformers story to it.
    It is the 9.30pm episode on channel 73 (7-Mate).
    (most of the Simpsons marathon are halloween episodes)

Default Screamer Stars in Topgun!

Starscream Spotted in Topgun!

I noticed this for the first time last weekend when I was giving my oldest (13) son his monthly dose of:"Dad's 80's Nostalgia"

I can honestly say I've seen this movie at least a half dozen times since it was released but had never noticed before that Goose gives his kid a Starscream toy when he meets up with his Missus (Meg Ryan) at the airport. You also see Starscream in a later scene sitting on top of the Piano when they are singing Great Balls Of Fire!

Images on links Below:

Image 1
    Image 2
    Image 3
    Image 4
    Image 5
    Image 6

I am more inclined to think it was used as prop because it turns into a Jet (albeit aF15 not F14 like they are flying in the movie though) and not because its a transformer. The Prop Master probably said, "hey get me a toy jet for the father meets son/wife scene" and because Topgun was released in 1986 right in the middle of the Transformers hype Starscream would of been readily available on toy shelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post
    Starscream Spotted in Topgun!
    Didn't know that. Interesting!
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!