Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

It's pretty recent, IIRC. It's darker than regular Power Rangers, from what I've seen.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

On the last page or two of the Power Rangers topic here, has the link and discussion... but be warned, it isn't for the eyes of children.

On the virtual pets website Neopets.com, you can buy or make a steampunk/robot petpet (it's a pet, for your pet) called Raverge.
    It looks like this:

The Raverge tends to be a bit dirty and noisy, but playing with it can be quite fun.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    On the virtual pets website Neopets.com, you can buy or make a steampunk/robot petpet (it's a pet, for your pet) called Raverge.
    It looks like this:

The Raverge tends to be a bit dirty and noisy, but playing with it can be quite fun.
    Yes he does look a bit "special"
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Last night's episode of "The Chaser" (UK quiz show on channel 7), had the question - what 80s toyline had the tagline of Robots in Disguise. The chaser took a moment, but answered correctly.

On the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory Howard makes a couple of references to the fact all he used his ping pong table for as a kid was to set up battles between his Transformers and his Thundercats.

Think its only the second time I've heard a Transformers reference on Big Bang over all 8 seasons - odd considering what a sci-fi referencing show it is

It's mostly about comic books, cosplay, tv shows and related collectibles. I don't think they have really touched much on robot animation.

Demonac showed me an episode of The Goldbergs, that heavily featured Transformers... because the youngest kid in the show gets so upset about Optimus dying in the 1986 movie, that he tries to make his own home movie with Optimus surviving (remember, in America they didn't get the epilogue that we got here, to reassure us that Optimus would return).

It was season 2, episode 11 (that's a youtube clip, starting at the good part, as half the episode is about his older brother trying to get a girlfriend... so just jump past those scenes if you want, or watch the whole episode from the beginning). Just don't miss the end bit, which includes the show's creator playing the actual home video he made as a kid in the 80s. (this TV show is based on the childhood of its creator)

This particular episode is so funny, because when the kid is talking about things in the 1986 movie, you know as a fan what is about to happen.

The first season has been showing late night on one of the 7 channels, so this episode might show up in a few months time here.

Apparently there is another second season episode with a small Transformers reference in it somewhere too. (according to Demonac)

I enjoy the Goldbergs, and that episode was great...

I remember the first time that I saw the 80s TF movie... I pretty much the same but with alot more tears... I was 3

Looks like Bumblebee will make a cameo in the TMNT 2 Movie.... sort of. As a costume at a costume party.

Something more local, the other night on TV was the Melbourne Comedy Festival 2015, and one of the comedians talked about his family and his Aboriginal community as Transformers... with things like the "Kurri-Bots", the "Decepti-boges" and "Mega-yob".
    It's on youtube (at the 1 hour 19 minute mark), but there is a too much coarse language to post the link here.