Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

I mentioned this in the Movie reviews thread, but there are two Transformers references that I spotted in Tomorrowland:
    * A police officer played by Garry Chalk
    * A TF Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Shockwave toy which appears in the background of at least two scenes.

I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

In Ted 2 some Transformers can be seen around. I would mention them, but it would be a spoiler
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

In Terminator Genisys there is a Transformers reference. I won't mention it explicitly as I don't want to spoil. But you'll know it when you hear it.

Shawn Micalleff makes a reference to Transformers in the Errata at at the end of his book "The President's Desk" (a weird but funny read by the way)

Megatran Guest

There's an Audi tv ad with the slogan: More than meets the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    There's an Audi tv ad with the slogan: More than meets the eye.
    Hasbro better a lawyer son, better get a real good one

In the new Missy Elliot song WTF you can hear this lyric just before the two minute mark

Lyrically I'm
    Optimus Prime

Also they made a reference to Transformers in the season finale of Gruen on the ABC on Wednesday night

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    In Ted 2 some Transformers can be seen around. I would mention them, but it would be a spoiler
    Just watched this film on DVD. Honestly got a bit distracted by all the Transformers product placement in a few scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Demonac showed me an episode of The Goldbergs, that heavily featured Transformers... because the youngest kid in the show gets so upset about Optimus dying in the 1986 movie, that he tries to make his own home movie with Optimus surviving (remember, in America they didn't get the epilogue that we got here, to reassure us that Optimus would return).

It was season 2, episode 11 (that's a youtube clip, starting at the good part, as half the episode is about his older brother trying to get a girlfriend... so just jump past those scenes if you want, or watch the whole episode from the beginning). Just don't miss the end bit, which includes the show's creator playing the actual home video he made as a kid in the 80s. (this TV show is based on the childhood of its creator)

This particular episode is so funny, because when the kid is talking about things in the 1986 movie, you know as a fan what is about to happen.

The first season has been showing late night on one of the 7 channels, so this episode might show up in a few months time here.

Apparently there is another second season episode with a small Transformers reference in it somewhere too. (according to Demonac)

This gold bergs episode should be on channel 7 tonight