Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

Probably been mentioned before but brooklyn 9 9 has an episode where jake talks about the tfs.

The Detroit Thanksgiving Day parade with inflatable floats, had Optimus Prime held by a dozen or so people dressed up in Movie Optimus costumes and silver faces... which was the same as last year's parade.

The current season of Hells Kitchen showing on TV at the moment (probably channel 74) is season 11, which has in the opening credits, "kitchen-bots" attacking the contestants, with a background that looks a little Cybertron-ish.
    This season was done in 2013, so a little bit of time after the 2009 Transformers Movie which gave us Kitchen-bots... but the intro could have been inspired by the Transformers movie.

In Teen Titans Raven says 'this will lead to Autonomous Labour' and Beast Boys responds 'You mean the leader of the Transformers?'

In the movie Just Mercy, set in the late 80s early 90s, a kid is seen playing with G1 Starscream.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Looks like Bumblebee will make a cameo in the TMNT 2 Movie.... sort of. As a costume at a costume party.
    This 2016 Movie was on last night, and the "Bumblebee" shows up as someone in a Halloween street parade, but it started out as a humvee type vehicle, transforming into the human wearing a Movie Bumblebee mask and costume, complete with the original transforming sound. Having the sound impressed me most, but I can understand why they couldn't have the costume transform into a camaro, as it would be promoting a movie franchise of a rival movie company.
    Michael Bay was a producer, but I wonder if he was the one who had it included, or if the Director did it as a nod to his employer (Bay's company).

It wasn't a scene with Megan Fox's character though, which would have looked a little weird.

In the new Harley Quinn cartoon Sy, who is an old half-robot bloke in a motorised wheelchair, talks about how the CIA changed him due to the influence of a massively popular toyline from 1984. He then transforms, rather gruesomely, into a car.

Link here

WARNING - Coarse Language (not suitable for children)
    Last edited by griffin; 9th February 2020 at 08:31 PM. Reason: added warning

I saw the move Just Mercy today. Set in 1989, when we first meet Brie Larson’s character her son is playing with a G1 Starscream. He’s playing with it like a generic jet toy but a few shots later you can see he’s somewhat transforming it.

A UK insurance company have managed to get the CGI Bumblebee from the Bumblebee movie in their latest commercial, and it is a REALLY GOOD commercial....

I saw that last night. I feel sorry for Bee.