Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 515202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

Galvatran Guest

There was a TV News segment on regional WIN News a few days ago. Asked what would you do with the extra money from lower childcare cost, the mother replied 'Buy Transformers'.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    There was a TV News segment on regional WIN News a few days ago. Asked what would you do with the extra money from lower childcare cost, the mother replied 'Buy Transformers'.
    Ha! That’s great!

Wonder if she’s a member here

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Ha! That’s great!

Wonder if she’s a member here
    I'm guessing she was thinking of Transformers for her kid(s). Still awesome it went to air.

‘Transformers’ was the only pointless answer on Pointless on channel 10 tonight. The question was Hugo Weaving movies. He only voiced Megatron and was never actually in it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    ‘Transformers’ was the only pointless answer on Pointless on channel 10 tonight. The question was Hugo Weaving movies. He only voiced Megatron and was never actually in it though.
    You could say the same thing about Peter Cullen. Many voice actors will advocate that voice acting is as much a valid form of craft as screen or stage acting and that it should be seen as anything less than actual acting. I've heard many of them say that they're not "voice actors," but merely "actors."

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You could say the same thing about Peter Cullen. Many voice actors will advocate that voice acting is as much a valid form of craft as screen or stage acting and that it should be seen as anything less than actual acting. I've heard many of them say that they're not "voice actors," but merely "actors."
    Yeah, I was more comparing that to the other answers on the screen in which Hugo was actually IN the movie. Which is why Transformers was a pointless answer as he was only voicing the part. Nothing against voice actors.

So if the question were about say Garry Chalk, would "Transformers" be a less valid answer against say Godzilla? Would Star Trek be a better answer than Transformers for Leonard Nimoy? What about Flying High against TFTM for Robert Stack?

(sorry, don't mean to sound aggressive as this post may be coming across Just questions for thought )

Muse released a new album recently 'Simulation Theory'
    I really like it, some of the singles have been available for months on youtube.

several of the videos feature a red Lamborghini Countache. I know its a stretch but it's also a really pretty car.

thought contagion wait for it.

Something Human

The Dark side
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

One of the coolest ads ever with famous cars such as The Batmobile and Ecto-1 has been made by Walmart. One of the cars is Bumblebee from the new movie.

https://youtu.be/oGrSw7wK4no

I saw the musical School of Rock tonight, and I’m sure there were (at least) two Transformers as part of a set. One looked like a Shockwave. From the dress circle I couldn’t see them well enough but the shapes and size stood out from some other action figures along side them.