Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14242930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers references in other media

I don't watch it myself but apparently, Rick and Morty used Cybertronian script in the latest episode.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...an-text/46133/
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

The Hard Quiz episode this week had a question about the Periodic Table with the answer being The Transfermium Wars, and the host (Tom) commented that it sounded like a bad Michael Bay movie... obviously referring to the Transformers movies.

On today's episode of The Chaser (quiz show on 7), there was the question, "which robot movie franchise had the fifth movie titled The Last Knight", and the Chaser didn't know (she guessed Terminator). The contestants almost got it wrong too, but at the last second one of them remembered "Transformers".

Nvidia has an AI project called Transformer Megatron.

We all know Nvidia is evil, but naming your AI project after the lead villain of a franchise is rather on the nose.

https://nv-adlr.github.io/MegatronLM
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

This is just sad. But it is a Transformers reference in other media. Gene Simmons performing a parody of The Touch in a TAB ad.

Last edited by griffin; 20th February 2022 at 10:59 PM. Reason: inserted video link to make it more visible

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    This is just sad. But it is a Transformers reference in other media. Gene Simmons performing a parody of The Touch in a TAB ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sujINWZ0WBY
    I just saw that on Seibertron earlier this evening, and came on here to post it.

He totally butchered the song...

Oh, we can insert videos. I didn't realise that. The more you know.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm not a fan of most gambling ads, but that one is particular cringe. A very static Gene Simmons, poor vocals in general, the one headbanging fan

ugh

Not mine, but I did let it go through

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    I'm not a fan of most gambling ads, but that one is particular cringe. A very static Gene Simmons, poor vocals in general, the one headbanging fan

ugh
    Gene would sell his first born and bury him in a KISS coffin if the price was right.