Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The best Generations figures

Except for the size, I find FOC Optimus to be better than WFC in pretty much every aspect.

My three fav's

Cyclonus
    Jetfire
    Jazz

.... no wait

Wreck Gar
    Wheeljack
    Warpath

... no wait

Scourge
    Blurr
    Darkmount

.... bah - too hard! I love them all! Besides G1 the one toyline I want to completely collect

So many to choose...As some have said, some many awesome figures/molds to choose from

Stepper/Jazz - stepper is my fav from this mold
    Artfire/Grapple/Inferno - Artfire would be my fav combination/colour of this mold
    Tracks/Wheeljack/Runamuck/Runabout - Tracks would be my fav, but love all the renditions of this mold.

I find the Jazz mould to be nice - but I really don't like how the chest can't properly lock in and it keeps flopping out during play. And they don't seem to have fixed this issue w/ Stepper or Wheelie.

Similarly I find the Inferno mould to be very nice too, but I'm not a huge fan of how the waist plate sits over the lap and makes it awkward to lift the legs up. It's not as bad as the chest issue on Jazz though. Cosmetically I find Henkei Inferno to be the best looking version of that mould. The colours on Artfire, while well executed, is just a rather bizzare colour scheme (as was the original G1 Artfire -- if I didn't know any better I'd swear it t'were a knockoff!). But Pyro would be the least best looking use of that mould (and again, intentionally so ).

...but I don't dislike either the Jazz or Inferno mould, I do think they're great... but just that those ones have their drawbacks.

The Tracks/Wheeljack mould is fantastic. A real clever way to use that same mould for two different looking Transformers.

I always found the Wheeljack/Tracks mold a little short. Its less noticeable with Tracks, But wheeljack feels very stump to me.
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scream Man View Post
    I always found the Wheeljack/Tracks mold a little short. Its less noticeable with Tracks, But wheeljack feels very stump to me.
    Which suits Wheeljack just fine - the original Wheeljack has a rather stumpy build (with uber long gorilla like arms )

I didn't think of them earlier, but what about the minibots? I should have given honorable mentions to Cosmos and Beachcomber! Especially Cosmos was a fantastic update and such a cute little UFO!

Quote Originally Posted by The Scream Man View Post
    As I understand it, this was a deliberate design difference... Tracks doesn't just look taller, he actually IS taller (see this review). They incorporate a different bit in the thigh bit to make the leg able to lengthen. Works OK I think, but I would've preferred a taller Wheeljack myself.
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

Judging by display value only, hmm...I actually like the WFC figures for the vehicle mode display. Bumblebee and Prime look very good in vehicle modes.

My top 3 would be:
    -Generations Voyager Springer. Looks great in all 3 modes. Great articualtion for action pose and the 2 weapons give you lots of posing options.
    -RtS Wreck-Gar. Him riding a junkion bike. 'Nuff said
    -Drift. Car mode is a bit too big among fellow deluxe cars but I display him in robot mode anyway. Articulation is a bit limited on the shoulders and no waist joint. But you can not really ask for more when he can dual-wield that "second to non under heaven" thing can ya.

Honorable mention:
    -RtS Jazz. I painted some details on him and put an Autobot badge on the hood. Displays well in both modes.
    -Scourge with his sweeps. The cape really does it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Especially Cosmos was a fantastic update and such a cute little UFO!
    Who was never released here!