Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ToyWorld Optimus, 'Chase' and Brainstorm

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    OKay I can't really keep up now with who's who... so Toyworld.... theyre the makers of those "combiner -not-throttlebots " right? The one that started with the jeep? Are they the same makers of Hegemon?

Hmmm their version of not Brainstorm looks much better.... I may have to cancel on the FP pre order. Wonder how big this one is compared to Hardbone? - they made Hardbone as well right?
    Toyworld is indeed making the Throttlebots, although the combining aspect is dubious as neither toy's design suggests due to lack of proper ports it and it's not mentioned in the box/instructions at all. The 'foot' pics we have seen appear to be nothing more than 'fan' modes taking advantage of the design to form what looks like a foot.

Toyworld has also made Hegemon and now doing headmasters such as Hardbone (Hardhead) and now Brainstorm.

FP has made Code (Chromedome) and also making their own Brainstorm and other headmasters.

If I were to guess, I would say that FP toys will be deluxe size like Code while ToyWorld's will be voyager size (or about) like Hardbone.

Prime Digibash from TFW:

I hope that the actual colours aren't quite so bright (also the wing on the back should be blue I think), but either way I dig this new Prime. For owners of Hegemon Classics prime just doesn't cut it when they stand next to each other, while the vehicle mode could be better I still prefer it to Classics so looking forward to it.

Liking Chase too.

Brainstorm, hmmmm 3rd party conflict ahoy again. It's much like the Predacons, however this time I don't think there is a clear winner for me. The FP and TW one both have their own pros and cons...grrraaahhh. Up till now I've always found it easy to take one options over the other, but now........

Optimus is a bit chubby and mis- proportioned in some parts, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Optimus is a bit chubby and mis- proportioned in some parts, to me.
    Yeah I agree. He just doesn't look right.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Pre-orders are already up at BBTS, Brainwaves alt mode fails to impress despite the homage to Star Wars, I'm now drifting back to favoring FP's one more overall. Although Brainwaves head and chest look so G1.
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...03&mode=retail

Chase appears to be coloured, could be a digibash but looks legit to me.
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...04&mode=retail

X-Wing mode throws me back to FP. Hadn't cancelled my order yet, so all good. I also wanna try keep them all the same size. Don't own Hardbone yet, kinda can't really afford to get him.

That x-wing mode is a bit of a fail. Now on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    I think different companies making the same figure creates a wonderfully competitive market that really benefits us - the consumers. It drives prices down, improves quality of product and give us a greater pool from which to choose from i.e. I may not like FP's take on a character, but I may like maketoys design.
    But is it driving down prices or improving the quality? I really so no evidence of that. Just that there's a whole lot of different interpretations of the same handful of characters over and over again and the prices seem to be rising.

Also, that Prime? Awful. Just awful. the Brainstorm I'd like to see in colours, but it doesn't do much for me.

That X-Wing mode is fail. Even the awesome head is not enough to compensate for it so I'll stick with FP.