Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ToyWorld Optimus, 'Chase' and Brainstorm

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That X-Wing mode is fail. Even the awesome head is not enough to compensate for it so I'll stick with FP.
    This.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Does this mean that TW might be heading in the direction of a MTMTE Chromedome as well? That would be awesome!

TW's new Prime figure's alt mode looks like Powermaster Prime's.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Does this mean that TW might be heading in the direction of a MTMTE Chromedome as well? That would be awesome!

TW's new Prime figure's alt mode looks like Powermaster Prime's.
    I wouldn't count on it, If anything I think they were basing it on Brainstorms old G1 toon and comic appearance. They may make a Chromedome with a more G1 style head, but I wouldn't expect a full IDW homage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    But is it driving down prices or improving the quality? I really so no evidence of that. Just that there's a whole lot of different interpretations of the same handful of characters over and over again and the prices seem to be rising.
    From my experience with Third party toys I'd have to say quality has definitely improved over the past year or so, most new companies have manged to hit the ground running. Where as barely more than a year ago, every product from a new an untested company carried a considerable risk of it being a loose or fragile mess. As for prices that seems to go both ways, Fansprojects toys are noticeably more expensive, but then you have companies like MechCreations releasing toys at a lower price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    But is it driving down prices or improving the quality? I really so no evidence of that. Just that there's a whole lot of different interpretations of the same handful of characters over and over again and the prices seem to be rising.
    As I said - multiple companies producing the same characters and vying for the same buyers simply creates conditions where they are forced to improve the quality/design of their figures and push for cheaper prices in order to compete with one another.

If you were developing a new 3rd party G1 Galvatron and competing against two other companies with their own interpretation of the character - you sure as hell wouldn't be trying to make something low quality or really expensive. Otherwise, what would make people buy your Galv over the other two? MMC vs Uniquetoys Predaking is a prime example of this.

Having said that - if only one company was producing a never before seen character (which is the case with a lot of 3rd part stuff, being relatively new), they can certainly charge higher end prices. I'm guessing this is where your comment in regards to price rises is based on.

I think you're forgetting as well that prices are rising on everything. Petrol isn't the same price it was 5 years ago. Similarly, you can't expect the same of your 3rd party transformers.

Just saw the pics of the prototype altmode for not-Brainstrom at BBTS. Duno if its mistransformed or something but it looks like a Star wars X-wing fighter that's a bit chubby I might stick with Smart Robin on pre order if that's what the altmode looks like. Only the bot mode was impressive for me.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...03&mode=retail
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

updated photos

i like it and hate it at the same time. the colours stand out very nicely and the robot mode sculpt is nicely done but i hate the inverted wings. its cool there's 4 of them but they're ridiculously short and the x-wing mode makes him look a little chubby. so i'll probably just stick with the FP version
    Last edited by kaiden; 8th August 2013 at 09:24 PM.

That alt mode looks terrible. It looks like a play skool version of Brainstorm.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

That alt mode can actually get off the ground?

He's beefier looking than Hardbone.

It does not seem like the more muscular arms, shoulders and legs are a consequence of its Headmaster storage gimmick or its alt mode.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    He's beefier looking than Hardbone.

It does not seem like the more muscular arms, shoulders and legs are a consequence of its Headmaster storage gimmick or its alt mode.
    beefcake!

he does look slightly more harder, better, faster, stronger than Hardhead.