Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ToyWorld Optimus, 'Chase' and Brainstorm

With so many possible figures to make I would prefer each companies to make different ones. It saves the hassle of comparing each companies version to decide which one to get (which is damn hard sometimes)
    Spiderken Away!

In the second robot mode photo, it looks like the wings are touching and no longer in "X-WING" mode. Is it just the camera perspective, or will they close to be like the original brainstorm in vehicle mode?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    In the second robot mode photo, it looks like the wings are touching and no longer in "X-WING" mode. Is it just the camera perspective, or will they close to be like the original brainstorm in vehicle mode?
    3rd photo shows them touching, so I'd say it would look better that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    That alt mode can actually get off the ground?
    Well if you believed G1 Misfire can fly... this one can too... I also believe it can crash... hard hahahah

Adding the colors on the prototype, it looks nice but it also highlighted more the chubby alt mode with stunted wings... no wonder it needed 4 wings coz being that chunky of a plane getting off the ground and staying up would prove to be a challenge hehehe
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Well if you believed G1 Misfire can fly...
    hmm... an update misfire would be nice, one with a bigger wing span and sharper lines.

With Orion due for release this month, and pre-orders already up, I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this guy.

vs
    Toy World's figure vs Hasbro's Generations figure

-Orion is the same height as Hegemon
    -Orion has an opening transparent chest cavity for Matrix storage
    -Orion's waist grills have an unusual \__/ design (not a fan)
    -Overall proportions on Orion evoke G1 Optimus
    -Hasbro's figure is truer to Don Figueroa's design
    -Head sculpt on Hasbro's version trounces Orion

vs vs
    Don's original alt-mode art vs Toy World's figure vs Hasbro's figure

-Spread windscreen on Toy World's figure (wish they'd found a way to have it slide closed like the Hasbro's figure)
    -Neither figure matches the curve of the wind vane in the art which is a little strange...
    -Both figures have gone for a G1 colour scheme which is great for the G1 enthusiasts out there, but I'd have liked to see the extra paint apps on Orion to match the original art
    -Added "bits" at the top of Orion's wind vane

So, thoughts?

I quite like the look of Orion, not perfect but I want myself a bigger Classics style Prime. The Hasbro one shows it's age a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    With Orion due for release this month, and pre-orders already up, I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this guy.

So, thoughts?
    I have the Hasbro Legends Prime, it's OK.
    good for it's size class, OK for price. the gun and hands are 5mm, which I think would have been better as 3mm.
    the transformation is nice, vehicle mode is very clean barring the feet sticking up.
    robot mode is OK, the shoulder chest area doesn't really lock so if you move one of the arms the chest will probably close up and need re-posing. it stands about 9cm high.

suitable for a cyberverse collection or desk figure, but not a deluxe/voyager by any means.

I have no real exposure to the Toy worlds figure but it sounds like a good size for a deluxe/voyager collection. my reservation would be price and long term viability of joints, I've only ever seen hegemon once, it was pretty new and I could already see plastic chavings in the knee joint.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    hmm... an update misfire would be nice, one with a bigger wing span and sharper lines.
    ...and with a new Targetmaster partner mould - not another repaint of the one that came with Cyclonus, would be awesome!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post

vs
    Toy World's figure vs Hasbro's Generations figure

-Orion is the same height as Hegemon
    -Orion has an opening transparent chest cavity for Matrix storage
    -Orion's waist grills have an unusual \__/ design (not a fan)
    -Overall proportions on Orion evoke G1 Optimus
    -Hasbro's figure is truer to Don Figueroa's design
    -Head sculpt on Hasbro's version trounces Orion

vs vs
    Don's original alt-mode art vs Toy World's figure vs Hasbro's figure

-Spread windscreen on Toy World's figure (wish they'd found a way to have it slide closed like the Hasbro's figure)
    -Neither figure matches the curve of the wind vane in the art which is a little strange...
    -Both figures have gone for a G1 colour scheme which is great for the G1 enthusiasts out there, but I'd have liked to see the extra paint apps on Orion to match the original art
    -Added "bits" at the top of Orion's wind vane

So, thoughts?
    I don't like the Toyworld rendition. I can't quite say what it is about it that bugs me either. More just a combination of little things. The best thing it has going for it is the alt mode. But that's not enough to make me cough up Toyworld dollars for it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain