9 42.86%
  • Not worth it - a boring/poor game

9 42.86%
  • Would not even consider playing

1 4.76%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Review - Transformers Legends

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

after seeing that some players lost their cards due to bugs, I am actually convinced to quit.

I don't think I can comprehend the weekly cost of $100 to be in the first tier.
    Thus this is why I said Metroplex Titans is considered cheap in comparison.

I can't believe people actually do that. :I I can understand a few micro-transactions here and there, but $100 a week just for a virtual card game? Of course, it is designed from the ground up to do nothing but earn money, and thus is extremely unbalanced. It's not fun, and I found out trying to actually compete is just tiring.

Since I downloaded the game I just saved up all the battle cubes from the earlier events. I had 600+ ready for the latest event, and I thought now would be a good time to waste every cube I had. You know, just to see what would happen.

On the plus side, the game literally updated to the new event as I opened the app, so I was able to stay in the top 10k until the last day. I had 130 cubes left, but fell asleep in the last three hours, ranked 11000. I got a useless smokescreen robot mode card. Also, didn't even make it to the point reward for Headstrong's alt mode card.

Probably lost a lot of ground because I spent sunday playing Swords and Wizardry at my friends' house, and kicked a ball in the park with their dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    I'm lets say rank 16000 on an event, I buy a $30 dollar gift card and I am rank 8000, end of event I am 29000 this makes me so angry and want to punch my phone and throw it at the wall at the same time. But I love the art and am praying to god they have a really good high quality art book of this game like Fall of Cybertron.
    I gotta admit, I was really tempted to pay a dollar to get another Predacon card on the last day. I thought the extra muscle might help me punch into the next reward tier.

I would absolutely buy prints of some of the artwork in this game. Or even physical cards, like modern day action cards, but I guess they don't really sell well these days.

Anyway, If you like the art, you should check this out:

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    here's another way to get the artwork. Kudos to these guys for doing it:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...rd-images.html
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I have quit, and uninstalled my app. Wife and myself agreed that we could do better things in life than wasting countless hours over this.

I have quit with a full 2nd tier deck. Spend 0 money but an awful lot of time.
    To me it was not just the money, is the amount of time, and battery this app sucks.

I am glad I did it and stopped my addiction as they have another event today.
    In a glance is the Same CARDS recycled with stronger deck power. People are so sucked in by it and consumed by pride that they forgotten how a company is cheating them of their money.

$100 is only lite usage, most players I know spend $200. The Nemesis Prime people went as far as $400. Thats two Titans Metroplex I can display in Base and robot mode. Yes people argue they have no interests in toys, yes I also there could be worse things that money could be spend on such as drugs and prostitutes, but I also think there is a lot of things I could do with that amount and time and money.

Also I have read how this game even took some peoples jobs as well. Overall I am now convinced to rate "Not worth it". Is just my opinion, I am sure some can disagree but for my own good, I deleted the app.

In good faith and respect, I wish people all the best and play with care.
    I found the artwork can be amazing but not worth what it is, there are nice books with such artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post

Since I downloaded the game I just saved up all the battle cubes from the earlier events. I had 600+ ready for the latest event, and I thought now would be a good time to waste every cube I had. You know, just to see what would happen.

On the plus side, the game literally updated to the new event as I opened the app, so I was able to stay in the top 10k until the last day. I had 130 cubes left, but fell asleep in the last three hours, ranked 11000. I got a useless smokescreen robot mode card. Also, didn't even make it to the point reward for Headstrong's alt mode card.
    wow with 600+ cubes you should of easily gotten the headstrong set, i had 4 cubes to start the event and managed to get the headstrong set as well as finish high enough for smokescreen set
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    : But I love the art and am praying to god they have a really good high quality art book of this game like Fall of Cybertron.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    ended rank 1400+

I think I am getting bored, regardless what cool card they release is the same routine.
    Yeah, you have to be on soooo much just to get the cards you get a 2 million and even one of the event cards.

Plus your cards become less powerful, or the bosses must become more powerful. I have that many Autobot lvl 4 cards they are spilling out of my deck. A couple of events ago that hand would take care of the 2nd boss at their first level. Now my Autobot hand, which is technically more powerful than it was then, will only do 60% damage to that level boss. Bloody annoying.

Just glad I never spent any money on the game

Day 2 of missing the event. I am still alive and kicking.

And yes actually finding more things to do in life and reading the threads here more often.

Overall I am happy without the stress.

In honest opinion the "fun" part was having the crappy cards and moving forward with whatever I had to push to tier two. After every card changed to tier two, you are basically changing ONE card each event unless you push for tier one.

With a clear mind and without a doubt, is a time waster not just money. Even as a "free" game is not worth killing your sleep, your performance in your job, or leaving house work left undone.

I would not recommend the game based on the way the game is made as is a huge sacrifice of time and money for some pictures

I left the game with still 200 cubes on hand, but enough is enough.
    So glad I didn't buy anything for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    wow with 600+ cubes you should of easily gotten the headstrong set, i had 4 cubes to start the event and managed to get the headstrong set as well as finish high enough for smokescreen set
    Haha, oh well I probably had a rubbish strategy then, and a rubbish deck I was lucky if I could do even 3mil damage with one cube. And then, nine times out of ten, no one would help me out unless I used more cubes on the same boss, so I'd start wasting like 9 cubes on Silverstreak just to get the points.

I didn't seem to be making much headway after I passed 10k in the leaderboard.

Anyway, I finally got an Elite Jazz and Grimlock from silver medals, in the same draw too. Hoping I'll be able to finish them off because I got a complete Arcee that way. I keep getting lvl 4 weapons.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

The strategy, is to know WHEN to hit and when NOT to hit.

Is a lot on statistics this game and once you master it, you be bored.
    Basically Day1 collect as many cubes with weak bosses. You SHOULD know how much damage power you can hit, I average 14 mil of damage. So when you see a new Level boss with 20mil of life, STOP. Just avoid it and let it pass. (this would be different if your damage power is weaker) adjust and do not hit bosses you cant kill

Either you hit people's calling for help with enough for you to finish the job to climb the ranks, or you keep scanning for new weaker bosses.

You can collect 6 cubes every start of the day if you set up properly before you go to bed. When you wake up three cubes are already recharged. farm them by hitting weak bosses. And level when you farmed all three cubes giving you another three to farm.

I am giving away the strategy as I think I am over it. This game so too routine and just tiring.

Never seed a boss when people are more interested in hitting better point rewards. Example your silverstreak is useless when everyone wants to hit a Jazz.

These are basics and you do it correctly you will easily fair below 2K rank.

Like said, I have quit.

While I love the artwork, I think the new setup has driven a nail in the coffin for me. Trying to get 4 cards of level 4 laserbeak is crap. To try win him, you have to go through a whole bunch of missions to get up to him, then try capture him. If you don't capture him, gotta do it all again. Then you gotta do same for ravage. Then whoever is in the hard missions. Seriously not liking this setup.

^ Have they change the entire mission game?

I have not played since last event. I think I am glad I deleted the app.