Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus & Predaking out & pics

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Inserting images for those unable or unwilling to go to other sites. Looks like some of these have been posted already, but I took all these before logging on tonight.
    (I'm not at home at the moment so can't do a comparison of all three Optimus toys)

*snip*
    The accessories. It also had in the box separate, the handle that you have to plug into the back for you to hold and turn. (the toy was probably too fat to fit in the packaging with it already attached)
    *snip*

Transformation was fairly simple too, but I guess that's probably necessary now... it might feel "too simple", but I think we wouldn't feel this way if it weren't for all those years of over-complicated movie designs.

Basically, the arms fold back behind the torso, the legs spin around at the waist and then fold back to latch onto the arms. Then a set of wheels fold out and forward from within the legs to be the front wheels of the truck and bumper. Fold down the head and the 'ring of doom', plug in the sword and shield to the sides, and you have a completed, very-gappy truck.
    The gimmick is probably a bit of fun for the kiddies, but makes both modes look really stupid. And I can't stop thinking of a bubble-blower from the missile that has the hoop on the end.
    One negative to note for those who love to pose their toys - no foot joint/articulation, while the head only slightly moves to each side due to the back of the skull hitting the hinge behind it.

But like Predaking, if this toy is only $9 more here than in America, it is going to be more worth it compared to the Voyager size for us because this one is at least twice the size, but less than double the price here.
    Have to agree dude, the transformation seem extra simple due to a recent over saturation of complicated movie transformers and even some of the classics/generations. The value is not bad considering the size and compare to the size and cost of the voyager. The ankles definitely are a small let down in a bot that size, really have to take time to balance him out in dynamic poses (moving one ratchet click at a time :P ) but the dynamic poses are still possible

Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Passed Predaking at Kmart Sanctuary Lakes today. Looks pretty impressive. Too bad I didn't have the cash right now.
    The toy actually only has a massive packaging, Hasbro has a knack for putting toys into even larger boxes. If you think about it we are buying air half of the time. The only thing making the toy look massive really are the wings. it's the same size as Cybertron Scourge in beast mode but not as solid.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Last two pictures of these, now that I have both Ultimates together...

Size comparison of Optimus. The Voyager looks so tiny in comparison, so for about 75% dearer, you certainly get a fair bit for your money here. In America though, it is not as good value, as Voyagers there are $20, and the Ultimate is supposed to be $70.

And size comparison of the two Ultimates.

Optimus looks like he'll make an entree out of Preds

Why is Optimuses head so small?

Does Ultimate Optimus have a moving faceplate feature?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    From what Ive seen at the fair, he doesn't have any.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

no
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I was just thinking about that the other day when I was watching the latest ep... they should've given this toy a moving faceplate. Voyager Animated OP had one after all.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I was just thinking about that the other day when I was watching the latest ep... they should've given this toy a moving faceplate. Voyager Animated OP had one after all.
    That would've blown the design budget out of the water, GP