Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you dread the most in relation to Transformers

Default What would you dread the most in relation to Transformers

Like the title says, what would you dread in relation to Transformers.
    This can be anything, from fiction to toys or the brand itself.
    For me, I'll name my top 3:
    1. Fire burning all my TFs to nothing
    2. Reprolabels "Dark Awakening" set for Masterpiece OP/MP-10
    3. Confiscation and destruction of all existing G1 Megatrons in the world
    What are your top 3. You can go 3, 5 or one. If you want to add something creative or humorous to the mix, go ahead but you may want to warn.
    Let your ranty mind go wild!

Micheal Bay being left in charge of directing future transformers movies.

Kazza I agree

Anything else? (I would dread that too)

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Like the title says, what would you dread in relation to Transformers.
    This can be anything, from fiction to toys or the brand itself.
    For me, I'll name my top 3:
    [B]1. Fire burning all my TFs to nothing

For me it's TOTALLY the No. 1 you had: Fire burning all my TF's to nothing. I've never managed to get them insured properly and would never be able to replace them all. Plus I live in an area which has had 9 days which have been 40+ in the last 2 weeks.

So my top 3 would be:

1: Fire destroying my collection
    2: Some maniac trying to rob us and deciding to smash all these toys he see's because the drugs or the demons tell him to
    3: Transformers going back to a predominately 'animal based alt-mode' era rather than 'vehicle alt-modes' (it's why I stopped buying most G1 Decepticons back in the day and I pretty much ignored Beast Wars. Sorry, but I want my heroes to turn into trucks and sports cars - not gorillas and rats, and my bad guys to turn into tanks and jets - not ants and crabs. Liked the cartoon, didn't care for the figures).

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    For me it's TOTALLY the No. 1 you had: Fire burning all my TF's to nothing. I've never managed to get them insured properly and would never be able to replace them all. Plus I live in an area which has had 9 days which have been 40+ in the last 2 weeks.
    Man, that's actually kinda scary! You don't live around a lot of scrub do you?

I think most of us would dread our collections getting destroyed in some way, especially by forces out of our control. Not only is it a hobby and a passion, but hunting down all those pieces took a lot of years of effort in the first place! The thought of leaving it all behind to get melted or waterlogged, it's just awful and frustrating.

The thing I dread the most would be:

My Jazz collection going yellow.
    Augh! I actually had a nightmare about this. Due to renovations I have to keep my tfs in storage tubs. So I dreamt that I opened them to find my RTS Army, among others, in various stages of decay. :'( I checked them for real when I woke up of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    1.Fire burning all my TFs to nothing
    2. Reprolabels "Dark Awakening" set for Masterpiece OP/MP-10
    3. Confiscation and destruction of all existing G1 Megatrons in the world
    Can you explain the second one? I'm intrigued.
    I think as long as people don't act like fools when dealing with replica firearms, we won't have to worry about ol' megs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Micheal Bay being left in charge of directing future transformers movies.
    This. I dread never seeing a good modern Transformers movie. I mean, I enjoyed the first one, but I'm not sure that I'd recommend it to anyone.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

3: Transformers going back to a predominately 'animal based alt-mode' era rather than 'vehicle alt-modes' (it's why I stopped buying most G1 Decepticons back in the day and I pretty much ignored Beast Wars. Sorry, but I want my heroes to turn into trucks and sports cars - not gorillas and rats, and my bad guys to turn into tanks and jets - not ants and crabs. Liked the cartoon, didn't care for the figures).
    Yeah thats a big one for me. I generally have no interest in animal transformers. Ironically though when I first got back into collecting the first figure I bought was Leo Breaker

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post

This. I dread never seeing a good modern Transformers movie. I mean, I enjoyed the first one, but I'm not sure that I'd recommend it to anyone.
    Yeah but you'll still go and see TF4 when it comes out like all of us hoping that things have gotten better.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Megatron Guest

What I would dread in relation to Transformers if these things were to ever happen:

1. Megatron being turned into Galvatron...
    2. Starscream getting killed and becoming a ghost..
    3. Soundblaster ()
    4. Gunnn not T-Rexxx!!!1!
    5. My favorite characters repeatedly getting killed in various ways..
    6. (Really) bad fan fiction about my favorite characters all over the interwebz..

And... oh, wait -

Oh and Bidoof in relation to your point 3. All I will say to that is: NEVAAAAHHH!!!!!

Aside from personal loss, my big fear is the end of the Transformers franchise. *knock.on.wood*

I mean, I enjoyed the first one, but I'm not sure that I'd recommend it to anyone.
    I would recommend the first one. The first one was nice and captured the spirit of the G1 cartoon well. Yes, the Transformers were fairly shallow caricatures rather than developing characters, but that's how they were in the G1 cartoon as well. I've always preferred the G1 comics over the cartoon, and a TF movie that's written closer to the spirit of the comics would excite me more... but I don't think the cartoon is bad either and is certainly endearing in its own way. So to that end, I find the first movie endearing too. I wouldn't recommend Revenge of the Fallen though... when I saw "The Fallen" in the title, it massively shot my hopes up since they've taken a comic book character and placed it in the movie, I assumed that after the cartoon-level writing of the first movie, they were going to ramp things up with the sequel and make it more like the comics. Boy was I wrong!

Dark of the Moon I would mildly recommend. It certainly is a much better effort than ROTF (though that's not hard)... if someone's already seen TF1 and ROTF, I'd say DOTM is watchable. It's not so bad that I would say "avoid it." Heck, if someone had never seen the movies, I'd say just watch TF1 and DOTM... skip ROTF. Heh... it's kinda like Highlander in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Yeah thats a big one for me. I generally have no interest in animal transformers. Ironically though when I first got back into collecting the first figure I bought was Leo Breaker
    Heheh, that is ironic. Even as someone who loves Beast TFs, I still consider Leo Breaker to be an awful toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Yeah but you'll still go and see TF4 when it comes out like all of us hoping that things have gotten better.
    Damn straight. It's like excitingly looking forward to the next big Lotto Draw or Melbourne Cup punt... I just can't wait for this to happen so I can be disappointed! BRING IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    And... oh, wait -

Okay, so what do you dread that _hasn't_ happened yet? ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Oh and Bidoof in relation to your point 3. All I will say to that is: NEVAAAAHHH!!!!!
    It's not going to happen since G1 Megatron's not even illegal in all parts of the world. They're perfectly legal in WA and SA.

So my top 3 would be:
    Man, that's actually kinda scary! You don't live around a lot of scrub do you?
    I'ts mostly farming country round here, and what scrub there is is near the Murray River, in fact despite it can be a desert at times I'm not sure we've ever had a bushfire up here. That said, I've got 10 acres of stubble next to my house that would go up in a second if someone put a match to it