View Poll Results: BH Ultimate Predaking - worth buying?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 58.06%
  • Only if...

6 19.35%
  • No

1 3.23%
  • Not even interested

6 19.35%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Beast Hunters Ultimate Predaking

I quite enjoy this figure. It's true, the transform is simple and generally one might expect something a little more complex for a figure this size and price. However it's a fun toy to play with and looks fantastic amongst the other tfprime figures. A fine addition to the collection in my opinion. Even his limp-wristedness is easy enough to fix with some clear nail polish on the ball joints.

I though this was a good figure when i got it a few days ago ...but the transformation abit simple.... then i got the voyager version today ! it is so much better ..!! it actually transforms properly and a better engineering than this ultimate...they should of scaled up the voyager mold and lose the LED and it doesn't even have sound which was might biggest surprise , thinking i had a defective one...

Simple transformation! Can't get any better than that. Love it.

the limited articulation on both heads is a bit of a bummer, but the size and attitude of the toy just wow me. He looks awesome in both modes, and the size really sells him. Also the little symbols on the wings and shoulders are great.

i didnt get him myself, my roommate did, but i as very impressed with the toy.
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

Any chance of some pics with BW TM2 Megs?

I got this iteration of Predaking today. I'm really happy with it.

+ Size.
    + Simple conversion. It's not always a bad thing.
    + Great sculpt. Lots of detail.
    + Strong LED bulbs.
    + Ball jointed ankles.

- Lack of paint application.
    - Lower legs are a single piece, although it looks like it should transform.
    - Weak ball jointed wrists.

I like this toy. It's best feature (for me) was the size. I'd probably recommend getting it at a better price point (I'm just impatient.)

It is Massive and Lighty-flashy so it has that going for it. But...it's missing a nice screaming noise. And it seems Hasbro isn't giving away batteries anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    It is Massive and Lighty-flashy so it has that going for it. But...it's missing a nice screaming noise. And it seems Hasbro isn't giving away batteries anymore...
    You have a voice don't you? Scream it yourself!
    And with regards to the batteries, I think it's good that there's no batteries included as mines staying sealed and I worry that the batteries would corrode if they were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    You have a voice don't you? Scream it yourself!
    +1. I'm not a huge fan of sound gimmicks. It's much more fun to provide your own voices, and often sound gimmicks can impede on engineering. It can work well on some toys (e.g. G1 Shockwave, Galvatron), but many other times it tends to be a detractive feature.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    +1. I'm not a huge fan of sound gimmicks. It's much more fun to provide your own voices, and often sound gimmicks can impede on engineering. It can work well on some toys (e.g. G1 Shockwave, Galvatron), but many other times it tends to be a detractive feature.
    What about the Optimus Prime voice changer helmet?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]