View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Springer figure?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • G1 Springer (1986)

9 24.32%
  • Timelines Deluxe Springer (BotCon 2007)

0 0%
  • Universe Voyager Springer (2008)

1 2.70%
  • Warbot Defender (FansProject 2010)

3 8.11%
  • Generations Deluxe Springer (2012)

2 5.41%
  • Generations Voyager Springer (2013)

22 59.46%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which is your favorite Springer figure?

Quote Originally Posted by Gasaraki View Post
    Really getting a bit tongue-in-cheek here... looks to me like some people have fairly strict views about 3rd party products. Should they be included in polls like this? Should we even buy them? Can we consider that something like Warbot is our favorite representation of Springer? Once again, there's probably already a thread about this...

Personally, many of my favorite stuff are 3rd party - for example, I think the best Insecticon representations out there are the FP ones.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying some of this discussion... it's such a great media to be a fan of!
    I am more of a fan of good toys than brands so I will go with whoever makes me the best representation of the character. Defender is now fairly old (2009?) and at the time it was the best modern 'representation' of a triple changing Springer, specially after Hasbro's panel comment that the Universe and Botcon repaints were enough.

At this point my favorite representation of Springer is Defender since I am yet to see the IDW Springer in person. However I won't vote until I try the IDW Springer for myself and if popular accounts hold true, it may be the one I vote for when the time comes.

It is good to see Hasbro getting their act together as of late. The fact that we are having this discussion is refreshing because it means they have are making something worthy enough to discuss and compare.
    Last edited by kup; 20th May 2013 at 10:33 AM.

ROTF actually, and no kidding it got a Robot Heroes for no apparent reason!
    What did I say? DOTM? Why the slag did I say that? Robot Heroes wern't even being released anymore at that point! Put it down to a head cold

Are Kre-O toys transforming toys? I haven't looked, but there's probably already a long thread about this, arguments done and dusted, two opposing camps hold to their valid opinions, etc. Personally, I think the block models transform as much as a Lego model can be 'transformed' from a crane to a car to a plane for example. Haven't thought about it much, but that's probably why I have instinctively chosen not to go for what I consider non-transforming toys (includes Kre-O, and definitely stuff like Robot Heroes). But you might ask me what about stuff like PE Motobot (Arcee) where you have to reassemble whole parts of the figure? Too much for one thread to handle...

Now... the mini-figure Kreons are an interesting category. They do kind-of transform, so I guess I should've included this guy. If you would have voted him your favorite Springer, let us know!
    Dude, it's your thread, so it's entirely up to you whether or not you wanna include those kinds of toys or not.

If you're interested in what the general consensus is, I can tell you that under the UCM these kinds of figures don't count. That's what people voted on. But this isn't a UCM thread, it's your thread -- so for the purposes of this thread it's entirely up to you what you want to count or not.

For the next 'can of worms', what about this guy:

Really getting a bit tongue-in-cheek here... looks to me like some people have fairly strict views about 3rd party products. Should they be included in polls like this? Should we even buy them? Can we consider that something like Warbot is our favorite representation of Springer? Once again, there's probably already a thread about this...

Personally, many of my favorite stuff are 3rd party - for example, I think the best Insecticon representations out there are the FP ones.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying some of this discussion... it's such a great media to be a fan of!
    Again, it's up to you.

The UCM wouldn't count it, and I personally wouldn't either... but as I said, this isn't a UCM thread (unless you want it to be), and it's not my thread. I can offer opinions, but I'm not going to prescribe what you should do or how you should think.

If you wanna count Kre-Os, Legos and 3rd party stuff, then do it. You're the author of this thread/discussion, so you can establish whatever rules you want for your poll.

Yeah, it's best representation and IFAIC it's a meant representation of Springer, but each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scream Man View Post
    The new Voyager one, hands down. not only is it the best Springer mold ever made, i rank it as one of the best Transformers. It's just a fabulous toy, and well worth every cent you'll pay for it.
    +1
    I can not agree more. Probably one of best the mass market TF toys of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It is good to see Hasbro getting their act together as of late. The fact that we are having this discussion is refreshing because it means they have are making something worthy enough to discuss and compare.
    Agreed. <Hasbro strikes back>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Dude, it's your thread, so it's entirely up to you whether or not you wanna include those kinds of toys or not.

If you're interested in what the general consensus is, I can tell you that under the UCM these kinds of figures don't count. That's what people voted on. But this isn't a UCM thread, it's your thread -- so for the purposes of this thread it's entirely up to you what you want to count or not.

Again, it's up to you.

The UCM wouldn't count it, and I personally wouldn't either... but as I said, this isn't a UCM thread (unless you want it to be), and it's not my thread. I can offer opinions, but I'm not going to prescribe what you should do or how you should think.

If you wanna count Kre-Os, Legos and 3rd party stuff, then do it. You're the author of this thread/discussion, so you can establish whatever rules you want for your poll.
    The UCM, no offense Gok but I think you are the only one that uses or mentions it so adamantly. I understand the reason for it and it serves a purpose but outside of the 'yearly stat count' everyone just does whatever whether it conforms to the UCM or not, you seem to be the only one that follows it religiously.

If this thread isn't about the UCM, I am not sure why you brought it up.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Thanks... I understand. NO ROBOT HEROES OR LEGO then!!

I appreciate the insight on the UCM (which until tonight I didn't know of), although like Kup, I'd lean toward doing whatever in a sense. Guess it's there for standardization - I understand not including 3rd party stuff under that system, but it's interesting that people voted on not counting official licensed stuff like the Kre-O products (?).

Anyway, my ramblings was mainly because I wasn't impressed at myself for not knowing about the Kreon Springer. And then I got side-tracked... but at least it's fascinating side-tracks... I hope!
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

I have no idea what the UCM is and, honestly, have no intention of using it. Most acronyms related to toy collecting just make things complicated.

Never owned a Springer in any form and probably never will. I have an empty box for the G1 toy though (purely for the awesome box art). He's not really a character that interests me and that's a major factor for me in deciding if I will buy a toy. After Blitzwing and Astrotrain came out, other Triple Changers just felt... well, wrong; Broadside being the prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
    I have no idea what the UCM is and, honestly, have no intention of using it. Most acronyms related to toy collecting just make things complicated.
    They're delicious little rice bubble bars that taste like marshmallows, but that's not important right now.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Thanks... I understand. NO ROBOT HEROES OR LEGO then!!

I appreciate the insight on the UCM (which until tonight I didn't know of), although like Kup, I'd lean toward doing whatever in a sense. Guess it's there for standardization - I understand not including 3rd party stuff under that system, but it's interesting that people voted on not counting official licensed stuff like the Kre-O products (?).

Anyway, my ramblings was mainly because I wasn't impressed at myself for not knowing about the Kreon Springer. And then I got side-tracked... but at least it's fascinating side-tracks... I hope!
    The UCM was put together democratically so not all of it makes sense