Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Series 10 - Where is Mr.Gold

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Series 10 - Where is Mr.Gold

Anyone been feeling the bags at the retail stores?

from my research... someone in Perth has found one.. and the other in Melbourne

I had a quick feel (that sounds so wrong ) to no avail

Given that Mr Gold (and his value on ebay) has hit the mainstream media so the likelihood of just strolling by and finding him is quite low. Store employees are ransacking boxes before they hit the shelves in hope they can make some easy money. (I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it happening at Target myself)

That said apprently he's pretty easy to identify in package. Mr Gold is sealed in a plastic bag within the normal foil packaging. That means you'll be able to feel that all of his bits are bundled together.

What's he going for on the secondary market?

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    What's he going for on the secondary market?
    Not much at all

Oh wow, consistently finishing around $700 - $800. Yikes. Did they ever announce what the rough distribution was for him? 1 in a 100,000 or something?

1/5000

I want one to keep!!

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Oh wow, consistently finishing around $700 - $800. Yikes. Did they ever announce what the rough distribution was for him? 1 in a 100,000 or something?
    Don't know about that. As Sifun said, there are 5000 produced, but at what % they're distributed compared to regular figures is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Store employees are ransacking boxes before they hit the shelves in hope they can make some easy money. (I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it happening at Target myself)
    I been "lucky" enough to see this as well 6 boxes getting put on the shelf from the unpacking trolley already opened and rummaged through.

As awesome as a Mr Gold would be I find it hard an actual customer would get one at retail
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

hmmmmm...interesting to learn that retail employees are already doing the "search"

sigh looks like that bounty hunt can be called off unless we physically open a fresh box ourselves....

it is only 5000 pieces and some reckon the pricing will fall to about $400-$500.... but also need to consider those special numbers.. like 1/5000 or 5000/5000.....

arrghhh..thought i could spend some time doing the feeling... i guess not then...