Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FrenzyRumble FOC Breakdown Class WIP

Default FrenzyRumble FOC Breakdown Class WIP

My breakdown Kit arrived today.....WWWooooHHHoooo Love the new head!! The LED for the head

Also BH wheeljack white plastic got a weird black colour mix in and as you can see it on his right leg ...there big spot ..so ugly ...lucky im repainting him !

> KITS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING :
    - Fine tip detail brush
    - Wide tip dry-brushing style brush
    - Transformers : Prime (Beast Hunters edition) Wheeljack
    - Custom made EXCLUSIVE "Game Accurate" Breakdown head! (cast in black high-quality resin) created by sculpting master "fakebusker" (image coming soon)
    - Scratch-made (and cast in black resin) (set of 4) custom "Cybertron Style" wheels (to replace stock wheels)
    - 1/8 ounce Testors enamel custom mixed "Glowy Purple" paint
    - 1/8 ounce Testors enamel flat black paint
    - 1/8 ounce Testors enamel flat white paint
    - 1/8 ounce Testors enamel custom mixed "Mech Silver" metallic paint
    - 1/8 ounce Testors enamel custom mixed "Breakdown Red-Orange" paint
    - 1/8 ounce Testors enamel custom mixed "Metallic Dark Blue" paint
    - 1/8 ounce Tamiya Acrylic ink (for panel lining and washes)
    - 1x Decepticon Symbol c/o reprolabels.com
    - sanple amount of FIXITŪ Sculpt epoxy 2-part sculpting clay
    - 1x pre-wired SMT (tiny!) yellow LED light
    - 1x coin battery (3 volts)
    - 1x coin battery holder
    - 1x mini on/off switch
    - Solder

I'm not signed up for this class, will be interested to see how it comes out.

Well today ive started one this project...and was doing the led head setup...
    Man i hate soldering the led ! ...i hate LED !!! I cant believe everything you can imagine did happen !! ...i check the led ..work perfect ...then heat shrink it..didnt work ....so had to cut it open.... the red wire fell off... solder that back on ..worked...taped it up and twist the wire together ...didn't work again/...! then the resister fell off... ! F'"K!! drop on the ground and couldn't found it until half hour later@! in the end i think i fried the led from too many soldering to it..! Lucky i got a spare one somewhere around here ..try again tomorrow ...also when i was popping out the wheels the clip broke on me just not my day...

looking at the concept art i decided to add spike to the back of his head and also to the front bumper keeping in mind the length it stick out for transformation into robot mode

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. If it's anything like ur Grimlock and Predaking then it's going to be amazing! Perfect mold for breakdown too, love those wheels!

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Well today ive started one this project...and was doing the led head setup...
    Man i hate soldering the led ! ...i hate LED !!! I cant believe everything you can imagine did happen !! ...i check the led ..work perfect ...then heat shrink it..didnt work ....so had to cut it open.... the red wire fell off... solder that back on ..worked...taped it up and twist the wire together ...didn't work again/...! then the resister fell off... ! F'"K!! drop on the ground and couldn't found it until half hour later@! in the end i think i fried the led from too many soldering to it..! Lucky i got a spare one somewhere around here ..try again tomorrow ...also when i was popping out the wheels the clip broke on me just not my day...
    Not sure if there's a local branch near you, but I got a bunch of LEDs and associated bits and pieces (for a custom) from a Jaycar store near me. They're pretty good at the whole electronics gig. You should be able to get pretty cheap single LEDs from them if you need to. http://www.jaycar.com.au/

Interested to see how this turns out. The new wheels and head sculpt look really good.

What's the website where you can join for something like this?
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    What's the website where you can join for something like this?
    Generally speaking, they're limited time/limited places online classes offered by customiser FrenzyRumble which includes online videos, paints, brushes, accessories and custom built parts, and other bits and pieces depending on the item and the extras on offer. Some come with base figures, others don't.

Best way to see when they come up is via FR's Facebook page, although I imagine his website (www.frenzyrumble.com) has details too. A bit pricey, especially with the extra shipping to Oz from the US (still worth it for mine), but I understand FR is gong to offer video access from previous classes for a much smaller cost from his website somewhere down the line.

Thanks M-bot. I work on some customs myself but I'm a REAL novice at it. Mainly just repaints using same moulds. Would prefer a proper way to do it and looks like a way.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot