Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Ultimate Predaking repaint

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I think i remember you saying something like you got a new airbrush but went back to.using your old one? Do they vary that much? I'm considering doing my first custom and wouldnt mind some tips on brush choice from customisers and not a salesman.
    Yeah they change the way it sprays..... the spread pattern ... i changed needle and it changed again!! so annoying ... on a larger paper you wouldn't really notice .... but when you working with a tiny transformer toy ... you can tell straight away! You are doing the same thing but it come out different so you have to get use to how it sprays again....

http://www.pecoglobal.com/veda_180_n...0_new-pack.htm

This one i use .... it a cheap one .but good..and i was pointed to the site from a airburshing tutorial site and he said it as good as the really expensive one.... it a good one to start off anyways... and i gotten use to it .... so it kick ass ...

The really good one cost $500 plus ... but i think it a combination of alot of thing and not the brush alone .... i got a good air compressor that you can change the exact PSI level which help alot but also your paint as well.... You should get a water base paint ...just because it easier to wash up ! And there's alot of washing up!! between every coats!

If your just starting out i think you just get the proper set up with everything in place So like the air brush - the air compressor -the hose - The Stand for the air brush!! Very important one !! Aligator clips - a lazy susan(turn table)And of cause the paints......Then you get to know how everything works then you find your own workflow .By then you would know what to look for in the equipment that right for you ....

Oh yeah ....one very important thing as well...get good masking tape!! learnt the hard way with smokescreen ....the tamiya ones....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    Oh yeah ....one very important thing as well...get good masking tape!! learnt the hard way with smokescreen ....the tamiya ones....
    Will do! Thank you for that i'm off to the hobbyshop later today to check out all the bits and pieces!

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Check out the Aztek airbrushes too. They have interchangeable tip/needle assemblies that let you change spray patterns (and maybe colours) quickly. I'm pretty happy with mine, but can't say how it compares to others. With compressors, be sure to get one with a pressure regulator valve and moisture trap. Its also advisable to have a long hose (~2m) and another water trap before the airbrush to cool the air and trap any condensation before it hits your brush and ruins your paint work.

And Tamiya tape is great too. Won't lift off paint or leave residue like normal masking tape. Tamiya or Gunze Sangyo acrylic paints are good to work with, they spray well over a wide range of air pressures and paint/thinner ratios. I usually thin 1:1 and spray at about 20 psi.