Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion - Added Rank

Somewhere in 2005/06 I first joined up under possibly the same handle or not I cannot remember. Lost contqct with the boards for a whil there because of things in my life. Not til couple years later when my life settled a bit befor I returned. Interesting to see its developments.

When I read Cat's idea I immediately pictured some little stripes (military rank style) beside the board members handle. I'm for some visual candy that represents a board members seniority or significance to the board. I think we need to take some suggestions at face value and not look to hard into them.

Thanks for the History Lesson Griffin Was interesting to read the evolution of OTCA

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Somewhere in 2005/06 I first joined up under possibly the same handle or not I cannot remember. Lost contqct with the boards for a whil there because of things in my life.
    Heh - I did the same thing. I never left a post though, just joined, read things on here now and then, got the emails in my hotmail and then lost contact for a couple of years until I re-registered in 2011. No idea what my old username was, prob some variation on BigAngryTrev. Griff probably knows better than me as my hotmail address is the same.

And cheers for the history lesson Griffin, looks like there is a fair bit of backstory to the site we all enjoy today

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    1999 (July) - Goktimus set up the first Australian Transfan Messageboard (Planet Sabertron).
    Sabretron. Later on some overseas fans were setting up another TF fan site and wanted to call it Sabertron, but it seemed too similar to Sabretron. So after some negotiation we agreed that they could call it "Seibertron.com". Of course, Sabretron's been defunct since 2004 (shortly after the Sabretron convention). I just don't have the time or motivation to maintain it anymore (), and quite frankly, there just really isn't the need for it. I really enjoyed doing toy reviews and the "Transformers the Month" sections, but they would be fairly redundant now what with TFwiki and I'm content to just post my mini-reviews here.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Oh, and on the subject of added rank, consider me Switzerland - I'm totally neutral on the issue.
    I'll admit, I like the idea of a rank but I'm with BTTrev. I'd support it if it comes along but in the end it really makes no difference . I'm just happy to be here. Though I just had a brain wave (i'm sure someone has thought of this before), what kind of bot would you be? Autobot, Decepticon, NAIL and what function would you be? Maybe put that up instead.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    I'll admit, I like the idea of a rank but I'm with BTTrev. I'd support it if it comes along but in the end it really makes no difference . I'm just happy to be here. Though I just had a brain wave (i'm sure someone has thought of this before), what kind of bot would you be? Autobot, Decepticon, NAIL and what function would you be? Maybe put that up instead.
    Oooh, I really like that idea!! Oh can we have that mods/admin, pwease?? Or like a faction symbol/badge under our username or something.

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    Similar to say, Seibertron.com where they have Alliance, weapon, motto and tech specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Similar to say, Seibertron.com where they have Alliance, weapon, motto and tech specs?
    I guess so, I'm not on any other forums, so yeah . I did say someone who have thought of this, lol. We all love transformers, it's why we are here right? You cant tell me that at one point in your life you did not think of this, hehehehehe. I know I have, yet I still can't tie it down as to who, only thing I do know is that I'd be an Autobot. But I guess this could go into another thread.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm

Actually the old OTCA membership cards had allegiance on them IIRC. Again, this was years before the forum existed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Actually the old OTCA membership cards had allegiance on them IIRC. Again, this was years before the forum existed.
    Something to bring back maybe?