Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Just picked mine up at the Target sale tonight for $39

Looks great! Lovely packaging too (and he will most likely live in his box since I already have a Weaponizer prime to play with).

Well worth the money in my opinion
    Got one to, I also like the look of the toy, just not the red hands....

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Just picked mine up at the Target sale tonight for $39

Looks great! Lovely packaging too (and he will most likely live in his box since I already have a Weaponizer prime to play with).

Well worth the money in my opinion
    Me too! I also found today, at a local Kmart the Voyager BH Ultra, Score...

I got one too from Target's sale. Not sure if I wanna keep it... if I find Omega Supreme at Big W tomorrow night, then Ultra Magnus is going straight back to Target.

Hmmm, even at sale price, nah. I really just want the Hammer
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Forge of Solus? Sold!

How many times in your life are you going to collect an artefact of the original 13? (12 more times?)
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Forge of Solus? Sold!

How many times in your life are you going to collect an artefact of the original 13? (12 more times?)

Yeah the hammer is bitchin!

Picked up one this morning as well. Though when I got it home the first thing the missus said was how cheap it looked all I could say was "he has a cool hammer though" she was glad I only spent the $39 on him. Also got hold of the voyager Magnus at the local Toyworld (she doesn't know about him yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    Well upon inspection the box looks very nice due mainly to the artwork, but I think the cardboard feels cheap and it colours look faded as if it was a photocopy of a copy, not an original print. The toy itself inside looks decent, however it really needs something more like metallic paint on the hammer... I was hoping for a fit into classics, but it doesn't quite get there for me.
    I see what you mean... I think it's mainly the back panel where the colors really are quite faded, and does look a bit like a poor copy. The front is up to par I think, and it's also got embossing, so at least that sets it apart a little, not to mention the gold stuff which we rarely see. Omega Supreme box has thicker front flaps for sure, but the rest is similar...

I aim for Classics G1 fit myself, and yeah, just the size class itself is enough to disqualify this guy from fitting in...

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Me too! After being in the negative about this guy, I changed my mind and got him today.... good value overall, and I'm likely going to use that hammer with the PRiD Voyager or City Commander, if it fits!!

I think I'll find some place at work to stash that box...
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

Want to pick this guy up tomorrow.

As I had a cycling accident on Tuesday, I was stuck at home all day, but my girlfriend went up to Target and bought me this and a complete set of Iron Man Marvel Legends figures.

I really like the toy. There's a lot of sculpted detail on him, the hammer is very cool, and he has more paint apps than the average TF. The gimmick is effective without interfering with the toy. The alt mode is unconvincing as hell but that's okay, he can stay in robot mode.

Did anyone else look for the 30th anniversary logo and 3/30 sign on the inside flap and not find it? Mine appears to be missing those two marks completely.