Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Juicy June Junk

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reflector View Post
    well you should've bid more i guess. That's how auctions are won.
    That's why I'm annoyed at myself.

Should have left myself a bigger buffer.

Beautiful score though, and I'm glad a fellow boardie won it.

Nice pick-up on the art book, Liegeprime. It's a beautiful book, with some terrific concept pieces that I hope we see somewhere down the line.

Transformers Collection Vol 8, MTMTE #17 (to go with my digital purchase) and ReGen #92.

When ReGen was announced the last thing I would have ever expected was that a cover would have Huffer fighting Snarler. I don't think I would have imagined that ever appearing on any comic ever.

Re: Collection Vol 8. The Chaos issues by Ramondelli come out really well oversized on glossy paper. One double page spread gets a bit lost though. Also, the James Roberts issues with their smaller font sizes look great at this size too. Can't wait for a MTMTE hardcover or two (although there's been no confirmation of what, when or if Vol 9 will be coming).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    *SNIP*

Re: Collection Vol 8. The Chaos issues by Ramondelli come out really well oversized on glossy paper. One double page spread gets a bit lost though. Also, the James Roberts issues with their smaller font sizes look great at this size too. Can't wait for a MTMTE hardcover or two (although there's been no confirmation of what, when or if Vol 9 will be coming).
    Paul, are the hardcovers really worth it, i have always wondered if this format would better suit my bookshelf then the trades, in some instances i really didnt want to quadruple up on the comic...but i might replace/sell my TPB's

(i still think digital copies should be free with purchases IDW!!)
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I'd say they are better value than the trades (this recent volume for instance reprints for trades for $50). They are well put together, nice quality paper. I like the way the look on the shelf. There is some gutter loss, and the inclusion of more covers as chapter breaks would be good, but otherwise this is my preferred hard copy format. I'm buying digitally for the most part since the delay makes it too hard to follow the series only this way.

I'm hoping that they reprint the Marvel series in this format too like they are doing with Marvel's GIJoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Transformers Collection Vol 8, MTMTE #17 (to go with my digital purchase) and ReGen #92.

When ReGen was announced the last thing I would have ever expected was that a cover would have Huffer fighting Snarler. I don't think I would have imagined that ever appearing on any comic ever.
    That Senior art is just beautiful! Time to visit my local comic store methinks.

BH Legion Hungrrrrrr from Woolies
    RiD Storm Jet & First Strike OP from Paulbot

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Paul, are the hardcovers really worth it, i have always wondered if this format would better suit my bookshelf then the trades, in some instances i really didnt want to quadruple up on the comic...but i might replace/sell my TPB's

(i still think digital copies should be free with purchases IDW!!)
    Yes.

Unequivocally.

The only downside is that you don't get all the covers. That may matter to you, or it may not.

They're better value than the tpbs, in a nice hardcover, OVERSIZED, and just make for a nice presentation when you have multiple volumes.

I absolutely love the two Premiere Editions IDW did, but they're TOO big to read comfortably.

These are the perfect compromise. Really.

I still buy the single issues, and the tpbs, and any other way they release the material, but it's the IDW Collections I turn to, without fail.

I forgot to list that my copy of volume 8 also arrived. Very nice, and I don't care what anyone says, I enjoyed this chunk of Costa's run the most (Chaos Theory of course, but also the Earth story circa 13-18, with the return of Megatron. It's really under-rated, IMO).

Besides the covers, I really can't see a single thing to dislike about them.

Oh wait. The idiotic chronology that they're organising the material, but that's not really an issue for current volumes, and you can always flit back and forth between volumes if you'd prefer. It was always a mistake to do the material chronologically, because some stuff is ambiguous, some just doesn't fit (looking at you, Spotlight Mirage), and because their reading order was screwed by the time the books were out, as it's not like the early days are never getting revisited.

Publication date would have been MUCH more sensible to start with. And that's what they have to do now anyway, unless they're going to release negative numbered volumes (although a volume zero would cover it for the moment, it'd be just as short-sighted).

My dream would be for expanded volumes in this format - Regeneration One would make a great single large volume, and I'd love to see them do two Dreamwave volumes. One containing the 2 and a half War Withins and the MTMTE profiles, and the other containing the two present day miniseries and the third ongoing volume, plus the summer special. It won't and can't happen, but even with the shortened material they can use, I'd be thrilled. Frankly, War Within 1 and 2 deserve the deluxe treatment.

And they could do Marvel US in 4 volumes, with an extra volume for RG1.

I can dream...

From BBTS

Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    From BBTS

Nice, dude! They look spectacular!

Some great pickups from everyone this month. Reflector, very impressed with the G1 bathroom merch!

For me a grail arrived from fellow board member The Black Sheep - the ehobby release of Omega Supreme as a Guardian robot:

While I get the general jist of what is happenning in the comic, I'd love to see a translation!