Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Transformers 4 Rip Off This Guy’s Design For The New Bumblebee?

I agree with Mr Vengeance's comment - he's not looking for Paramount to pay him for "rights", but acknowledgement or thanks would be nice by the way of common courtesy. Then again who knows... maybe someone will mention him in the DVD or Blu Ray special features. But it would have been nice if they'd directly knowledged/thanked him.

Michael Bay/Paramount haven't done anything illegal or immoral... but just somewhat discourteous IMHO. Royalties are expensive. Good manners are free.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    If i see a blue Sportivo in TF5...
    Hahaha. Nice one...

Seriously though...have a cry, Vengence. I read a reply comment on the article by someone who said something along the lines of

"If you didn't want anyone to copy it, you should not have shown it to anyone."

Which is exactly what I was thinking. All the cars I have (or wanted to) modify have been almost direct copies of examples I have seen online because I loved the way it looked. I research the name of the part and bam - it goes on my list of things to buy.

I don't see the need for hasbro or paramount to admit anything. Nor will they anyway (I don't think...)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But it would have been nice if they'd directly knowledged/thanked him.
    i do wonder if he thanked and acknowledged all the cars/customisers/car companies he got his ideas from i do doubt they were original ideas..
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I'm curious, has Paramount has made any comments regardimg truckers who spray flames and Autobot insignias to their rigs? Do movie executives from the Fast and Furious franchise attend car shows and issue media statements regarding those replicating the vehicles which have appeared in their movies?

Welcome to the world of car modifying. Go to any boards, whether it be Boostlosers, Rexnet, Skylines Oz, RedlineGTi, whatever.

Take the "Church of the Super Aggressive Scooby Wheel Setup"* thread on NASIOC (which I can't seem to find anymore. They must have made it a members only thread and it's been that long that i've forgotten my login details :s) That thread is the bible of WRX wheel and suspension modifications. If you see an awesome wheel/offset/camber/coilover setup on a WRX, it's a good chance they copied it from someone in that thread. And so the world continues to turn.

Still, if they did copy that Camaro, it would have been nice to acknowledge the guys work. Which they may as yet do.

*I think that's the name of the thread. Once again it's been that long since I fell out of the scene...
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

That article is a waste of everyone's time.

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    That article is a waste of everyone's time.
    Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Ok.
    I don't mean that you linking to it isn't apropos - this is a Transformers website. I just mean that the article itself is idiotic and doesn't need to exist. It's not like the guy invented the car - he took a car that the Transformers films have the rights to and made a couple of changes. He even says Bumblebee is "one of my favourite toy characters of all time" so he was probably as much inspired by Bay Bumblebees as the new film's car was inspired by him. I invented the phrase "Gold Plastic Syndrome" and then it was used in the Transformers Allspark Almanac II! They didn't thank me! Boo hoo.

He infers that he doesn't mind Bumblebee so I think he would be happy when he can choose between 50,000 transforming versions of "his" car. I know I'd be happy to have a transforming '94 Pulsar hatch.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose