Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP masterpiece slipstream

Default WIP masterpiece slipstream

i need feed back...been staring at her too long.... her shoulder too big...any suggestion with out compromising the alt mode..

Is shaving the edges of the arms down out of the question? Or does it too obviously effect the alt mode?

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Is shaving the edges of the arms down out of the question? Or does it too obviously effect the alt mode?
    if you look carefully i shave the most that it would go already...see how it all round now...some of the part gone through the plastic and i had to putty it up

I don't think its something to overly worry about, you could add some shoulder pads , pointy and slender looking to try to remove the squareness of the shoulders. When you paint the figure maybe paint the shoulders black, and if you have shoulder pads paint them to stand out in a light mauve/purple colour. The black shoulders should be less visible as the eye is drawn to the lighter colours. Just a theory anyway.

Maybe also soften up some of the other edges, like the legs and the torso, it may give a more "feminine" appearance to the model as a whole, take some of the emphasis off the arms.

Ah now I see what you need the custom slipstream head sculpt for. Sorry haven't done much 3d modelling lately, had to reinstall windows last week and have been putting together a job app for a promotion. Hopefully will get a chance to start working on it in next couple of weeks.

Also Genesis Planet X (aka Omega Supreme) arrived last week which caused further distraction .

Have you tried looking at it with the hip kibble taken off? Its an inherently masculine figure, so you may need to add something like a cape, something around her waist or headpiece

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

How about shaping the panels that form the torso sides, maybe filling in the steps to get a smoother, more shapely look? The broad chest makes the figure very masculine - not much you can do about the cockpit but you could also try filling and shaping the turbine/missile pod covers.

Shoulder pads could utilise the connector points already on the shoulders.

Thanks for the advice ... ill take all that into consideration ...

Hhmmm... I wonder if the colour scheme will effeminate the mould at all? Look at Binaltech Arcee, I think that was done well in terms of taking a rather masculine mould (Overdrive) then giving it a less masculine looking head (Decepticharge) and then painting it in white and soft pink colours. I thought that worked wonders in effeminating that mould. So maybe the way you work with the colours might help to make the figure look more feminine. You could try to make the colours as pastel as possible. e.g. with the purple go for lilac, lavender, dark fuschia etc. See if you can add the same pastel purple around her mouth to make that "lipstick" effect. The turquoise should go well with the pastel purple. Perhaps the trick is in selecting the right shade of purple and getting the head/face to look more effeminate. It would take the focus away from the body proportions.

I just Googled Transformers Slipstream and found some other custom figures people have made.
    Animated Slipstream
    TF Prime Slipstream
    Beast Hunters Slipstream

And here's a piece of fan art for Masterpiece Slipstream.