Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WIP masterpiece slipstream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default WIP masterpiece slipstream

i need feed back...been staring at her too long.... her shoulder too big...any suggestion with out compromising the alt mode..

Is shaving the edges of the arms down out of the question? Or does it too obviously effect the alt mode?

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Is shaving the edges of the arms down out of the question? Or does it too obviously effect the alt mode?
    if you look carefully i shave the most that it would go already...see how it all round now...some of the part gone through the plastic and i had to putty it up

I don't think its something to overly worry about, you could add some shoulder pads , pointy and slender looking to try to remove the squareness of the shoulders. When you paint the figure maybe paint the shoulders black, and if you have shoulder pads paint them to stand out in a light mauve/purple colour. The black shoulders should be less visible as the eye is drawn to the lighter colours. Just a theory anyway.

Maybe also soften up some of the other edges, like the legs and the torso, it may give a more "feminine" appearance to the model as a whole, take some of the emphasis off the arms.

Ah now I see what you need the custom slipstream head sculpt for. Sorry haven't done much 3d modelling lately, had to reinstall windows last week and have been putting together a job app for a promotion. Hopefully will get a chance to start working on it in next couple of weeks.

Also Genesis Planet X (aka Omega Supreme) arrived last week which caused further distraction .

I reckon if you add the little block detail on the upper arm and mould shoulder pads it will blend in and the wouldn't really be that noticeable.

Bit more progress on the head sculpt:

OOoooo nice

I've made some more progress on the head sculpt, there's still quite a bit of cleanup to do and I haven't completely closed the model in yet. The other thing I need to work out is measurements, especially with regards to how it will fit on the transformer. Also looking at it now, I think I need to bring the section of the face with the nose out a bit more. I was also thinking of putting some vents or something in the sides of the helmet, looks too plain with those big holes there.

Hmmm, looking at it now the chin looks a bit pointy too. Might bring it up a bit and round it off more.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for refinement or in regards to my other problem about how you would like it molded to fit on the transformer.

Here's a test render so far:

And I thought I'd play with the colouring, so here is a colour test of the render: