Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: G1 Series: Cartoon, Comic & Toys

I don't mind the design. Just because something is sentient, doesn't mean it has to be humanoid. The windscreens in front of the faces should be viewed as protective masks...kinda like what welders wear.

I like the original moulds but the new cardboard heads look ok too

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac
    I don't mind the design. Just because something is sentient, doesn't mean it has to be humanoid. The windscreens in front of the faces should be viewed as protective masks...kinda like what welders wear.
    *high five* All right! Another lover of toy-accurate G1 Ironhide and Ratchet!

I've always imagined the windows as being equipped with a HUD (Heads-Up Display) in robot mode.

I like how Ironhide's Cybertronian form was given a hybrid toy and cartoon likeness in "The War Within."

They did the same for Ratchet too, but placed the windscreen behind the head, I suppose to make him look more distinct from Ironhide.

Some other moments of toy-accuracy in G1...

Toy accurate Ratchet, as he appeared in the early G1 comics (Ironhide was also drawn in the same manner)

Ratchet's trailer from the G1 cartoon

Ironhide's trailer weapon (missile launcher)

Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 13th January 2008 at 07:57 PM.

Yeah, I was asking if Ironhide and Ratchet ever had a proper metal head built for them in any of the range of toys.

And I bewildered because both the character were never portrayed as control stations, so why was the toy moulded as them to transform into battle/control stations?
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

mel: please re-read my last post on page 1 in answer to that question.

Oh whoops.. sowie.. I kinda read that it's toy accurate according to the comics, maybe you wanna sponser one of the comics so that I can have a clearer look? Heeeheeheehee...
    ~ JuzMel ~

Nice try.

A couple of years ago Titan Books went and reprinted a good chunk of the G1 comics; most of the G1 US run and a few of the UK story arcs. If you want to look at the really early issues (as in the ones that were made before the G1 cartoon ever aired and feature more toy-accurate artwork) you'll want to pick up the first graphic novel reprint which was called - surprisingly - "Beginnings."

softcoverhardcover

Click here for a full list of the Titan Book G1 and G2 reprints.

Haha Gok, it was worth a try..

Anyway I did an ebay search and only found the hardcover one, though the softcover one looks nicer.

Gonna hit back on the G1 DVDs tonight and see what other questions I might have. Meantime does anyone know of any good G1 books for character identification? Or point me somewhere where we might have talked about this already. I'm pretty blur lately..
    ~ JuzMel ~

The recent TF Price and ID Guide is a good start. The book has it's flaws but it the most recent and it covers most G1 toys and characters, and can be found or ordered by big book stores. Around $50

The Cybertronian series by Antartic Press are excellent but pricey
    www.antarctic-press.com

For solely character purposes Dreamwave's More Than Meets The Eye comic series (collected into two books) is great but has a lot of information that is only relevant to the Dreamwave comic stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The recent TF Price and ID Guide is a good start. The book has it's flaws but it the most recent and it covers most G1 toys and characters, and can be found or ordered by big book stores. Around $50

The Cybertronian series by Antartic Press are excellent but pricey
    www.antarctic-press.com

For solely character purposes Dreamwave's More Than Meets The Eye comic series (collected into two books) is great but has a lot of information that is only relevant to the Dreamwave comic stories.
    I have that book and although it only covers US G1 (1984-1990) and the suggested prices are WAY too low to the market value of the past 2 years, it still has some very good photos of the toys along with a excellent list and photos of all accessories which is very helpful for obvious reasons.
    ________
    Honda Nps50
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:43 PM.