Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (JUNE-2013) Robots In Disguise Era Cartoon - Reviews and Favourites

I watched subbed Car Robot when I was overseas in the early 2000s, and I actually prefer Car Robot to RiD. The comical effects got lost somehow in the dub..Gelshark is actually funnier than Sky-bite

Alo the BGM for Car Robot is worth listening to.
    Last edited by doublespy; 10th July 2013 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    I watched subbed Car Robot when I was overseas in the early 2000s, and I actually prefer Car Robot to RiD. The comical effects got lost somehow in the dub..Gelshark is actually funnier than Sky-bite
    ^Totally agree. Also in Car Robot, Gigatron has 6 different voices/personas (10 when he becomes Devil Gigatron) depending on which mode he's in. e.g. Gigabat is like a gangster boss, Gigadragon is this menacing booming monster etc. Kobiyama Kouichi did an impressive job giving each mode a different voice and persona - something that just got lost in the dub as Megatron just sounded the same in every mode.

I still have to watch the last 2 episodes of this. I don't know why I haven't watched them. I watched the whole series about 2 years ago except for the last two episodes... I'll probably have to go back and watch a few of the previous episodes to catch up.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ^Totally agree. Also in Car Robot, Gigatron has 6 different voices/personas (10 when he becomes Devil Gigatron) depending on which mode he's in. e.g. Gigabat is like a gangster boss, Gigadragon is this menacing booming monster etc. Kobiyama Kouichi did an impressive job giving each mode a different voice and persona - something that just got lost in the dub as Megatron just sounded the same in every mode.
    Ah yes Gigatron was indeed a highlight in Car Robot. Giga-Bat has crazy evil giggles

[QUOTE=griffin;359821]

Did you watch any of the Beast Machines Robots in disguise cartoon?
    I never new it existed till a couple years ago, I've ween watching a couple episodes in the last few months to see what it was all about. (my friend gave me a lend of his box set.)

If so, what did you think of it?

So far I'm not overly impressed, regardless of the target audience I have always found over the top voices to be frustrating. much of the voice work in this series fits into that category, while some of the others are a bit flat.

I hate it when a character announces their weapon/fighting move as they are about to use it. HATE IT!!

I am largely watching this to see where long standing elements of fandom interest came from, for example Scourge/Nemesis Prime. I thought that was fairly interesting.

I have enjoyed the polarity between magnus and Prime. a bit different to most other shows.

Any Episodes worth reviewing?

I don't think I've watched enough yet to give a good opinion. though stuff with magnus seems better than the early stuff.

Are any of the episodes recommended viewing for others?

see my previous answer.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I hate it when a character announces their weapon/fighting move as they are about to use it. HATE IT!!
    +1. It's a reflection of 20th~21st Century Japanese "martial culture." Don't even get me started. I also find announcing transformations to be just as cringe worthy. In the Japanese dub of Transformers Prime, everyone screams, "TORANSFOOOOOORM!" as they transform (except Bumblebee )! (-_-) Then there was Beast Wars/Machines which did the same thing with their 'activation codes,' even though those series didn't even come from Japan!

I don't know why, but I don't mind it as much on other things like Street Fighter and Dragonball Zed. Really it's all just as silly as each other, but I suppose because it's less conventional for Transformers as it never happened in G1. Transforming, shooting etc. was just stuff that they did like walking.

SUBMIT REPLY!

Then there was Beast Wars...
    I think Beast Wars got away with it a bit better as they used Terrorize and Maximise over Transform.IMO.

However I will admit that when they'd do a long Transformation sequence and some cool music kicks in, the Transform yell can add to the majesty. I love how Galaxy Convoy yells Super Mode before going so. Really gets me a going' and you know that somethin' is goin' doooown!

I don't know why, but I don't mind it as much on other things like Street Fighter and Dragonball Zed. Really it's all just as silly as each other, but I suppose because it's less conventional for Transformers as it never happened in G1. Transforming, shooting etc. was just stuff that they did like walking.

SUBMIT REPLY!
    In regards to Street fighter, I guess it's maybe more interesting than a grunt or something?... </clutching straws>

RID was a very good series, the weapon attack announcements and over and over transformation takes were extrememly annoying in the last 10 episodes, honestly some eps would have run for eight minutes if it weren't for all this. I think the writers had fallen asleep on the job by this time.
    The ending is a little heartwarming in that love and kids and stuff save the day. I'm all for positive feelings beating violent lunatics any day.