Sub-line - Beast Hunters
Size/class - Voyager
Wave - 3
New/remould/redeco - New
Released here - June 2013
Approximate Retail Price - $40
Approximate Size - 17cm
Allegiance - Predacon
Alt-mode - Ursagryph (so apparently a cross between a bear and a gryphon)
Main Features/Gimmicks - Blackbeak (see "Main Accessories")
Main Colours - light green, dark green, dark grey
Main Accessories - grapple launcher

The sculpt on this toy is great. It works really well to make this character look big, bulky and beefy. In creature mode, the body becomes somewhat more slimmed (though the hand legs remain stocky); the downside to this is that waist articulation has been sacrificed to allow the lower body section to elongate in creature mode. The glyphs sculpted along parts of the body looks nice too, and the colours work well with each other. While the transformation is essentially a stand up quadruped, they have tried a few neat things to make the transformation more distinctive. The beak can actually open and close, which is a neat touch.

The creature mode is meant to be what Hasbro calls an "Ursagryph" - ursa being Latin for "bear," so it seems to be a sort of gryphon/bear Fuzor. Exactly which part of it is a bear is beyond me. :/ Unlike proper Fuzors, it's a purely mechanical creature mode... that just looks like a robotic gryphon to me.

However there are a few things I'm not terribly fond of with this toy:
* The wings are essentially a solid piece. I wish they could retract/expand more (like say on G1 Divebomb)
* The shoulders don't lock in. Fortunately the nature of the design means there's little space for the shoulders to move about (unlike say on Deluxe Movie Brawl or MP Lambor ). But a simple tab/hole lock would've done wonders to improve this.
* The head/neck section of the creature that forms the core of the body needs to lock in better too. It's not weak per se, but they could've done something to make it more solid. Also the instructions don't clearly show you how to lock it in properly - you need to open the beak slightly and have have the upper mandible clips out in front, and the lower mandible tucks inside (so the ridge actually goes inside the beak). From there, push down on the neck section, and that should lock it in. It's not the strongest of locks, but it's not pathetically weak either. If anyone knows of a better way to lock it in, please LMK!
* Blackbeak's weapon post isn't thick enough, so Grimwing can't even wield him properly. It sits in the hand very loosely.

"Wazzzpinator lifts!"

Overall as nice as this toy looks, it has some drawbacks as an action figure. I cannot say that this toy is really worth the Voyager price point. So I'd only recommend it if you happen to be collecting the Predacons and you can find this toy at a relatively cheap price. Definitely don't pay above RRP for it.