Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: MP 20 Wheeljack and 21 Bumblebee

I'm happy with their Classics versions but it's gonna be hard to turn either of those two down, especially if Bumblebee is made so he works with the Spike figure that came with MP10 and/or remolded into Goldbug.

The latest talk on the other boards seem to be about his head. I hope it's hexagonal and pudgy like his cartoon self, rather than the thin faced version with more yellow.

That said, I would like to see a faceplate head as well, seeing as he's 80 bloody dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    well there is still the subject of a new Megatron MP that hasn't been addressed. I ean they reissued Prime in the new smaller version, They have to realize we need his opposite number too. Not that they care what we buyers thinks though
    I thought MP 20 would totally be Megatron

But Hasui said in the MP10 interview that Megatron 2.0 would be "too easy" to do after they just re-did Convoy 2.0 (granted it's 11 MP numbers ago now!) and he wanted to have more variety in the MP line. Megs don't have no licensing issues, Hasui might have wanted to save him for later

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    The latest talk on the other boards seem to be about his head. I hope it's hexagonal and pudgy like his cartoon self, rather than the thin faced version with more yellow.
    Recent MP releases have been almost slavish to the G1 cartoon appearance. I would bet heavily on that trend continuing.

Those preorder listings are based on preliminary info only. It could be just speculation and I'm damn sure those won't be the final prices.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I don't know about the pricing. I've heard that Smokescreen may end up being up to 10 dollars more, compared to his predecessors.

If so, $80 BBTS price doesn't seem that unlikely. Remember we're probably looking at realistic alt mode here, and not the penny racer. I think it's going to be a compressed robot mode, which works fine for me.

Definitely want both heads though. The final design would influence which I display it with. If it's not slavish to the animation he'll probably get the battle-mask on my shelf.

Realistic vs penny racer proportions is going to be quite the conundrum for Cliffjumper though. He's just not going to look right either way.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    I thought MP 20 would totally be Megatron

But Hasui said in the MP10 interview that Megatron 2.0 would be "too easy" to do after they just re-did Convoy 2.0 (granted it's 11 MP numbers ago now!) and he wanted to have more variety in the MP line. Megs don't have no licensing issues, Hasui might have wanted to save him for later
    Megatron would not be a good use of resources. Why make a mould that can't be sold in half the world and has few recolour options to recoup costs?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Megatron would not be a good use of resources. Why make a mould that can't be sold in half the world and has few recolour options to recoup costs?
    Because you're Takara and you're awesome to fans

For example
    • The first MP Megs
    • MP Grimlock
    • MP Rodimus
    • That Unicron guy

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'd actually be happy to pay more.

We know that a collapsible chest for Sideswipe was absolutely doable, to increase his animation accuracy (and look better in general) but they couldn't do it for the budget they had.

I'd have happily paid more for that.

Rubber tyres are probably another desirable addon to a decent number of fans. Worth paying for? Yeah sure.

Make it a Masterpiece. Sure, Sideswipe is great, but he could have been better with a few simple upgrades. I want my MPs to stand the test of time, to be as accurate as possible to their source. I don't want compromise. Well, not a lot of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Because you're Takara and you're awesome to fans

For example
    • The first MP Megs
    • MP Grimlock
    • MP Rodimus
    • That Unicron guy
    Every toy on that list other than the original Masterpiece Megatron can and has been sold all around the world.