Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: MP 20 Wheeljack and 21 Bumblebee

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    but as the MP line is going for G1 accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    the whole point of Masterpiece 2.0 is toon accuracy.
    Omg, thank you. How are people still not getting that the Masterpiece line is all about G1? Yes, there are other figures released under the masterpiece line which represent other universes. But they are all repaints from the original mold used to represent the G1 character in the first place (eg: MP G2 Lambor.)

TT didn't release the figure with the intention of marketing it first as a G2 representation of itself. Having said all that, as nice as it might be, I highly doubt they will release a "G2" version of Megs and market it as a replacement for an original G1 representation of him. And if they do, then you can tell me to stick it

by the way, I'm aware they also released a couple of movie figures under the masterpiece line, but they were sub-headed with an "M" before the designated number - separating them from the main masterpiece line - and they were released by Hasbro first AFAIK, not TT.

(I probably should have put this in the vent thread lol)

Don't see why so many people are knocking MP5 Megs for it's time it's a very ambitious MP and goes great with MP1/4. The waist up is perfect sure the legs could be thicker but that's hard to pull off being the gun handle. The one thing I don't like about MP5 is the material his feet are made of. I've seen 5xMP5's and all of them have a discoloration on the feet one so bad it's going green.

Personally I'd love a new MP Megs in the same scale as MP20 Prime and it should be a gun with UNCLE attachments. G2 Tank would look so out of place with my current MP's. Besides we almost have all the S1 Decepticons baring Megs, Shockwave and Reflector. Would also like updated Skywarp/Thundercracker (I don't like the Hasbro TC). But I guess they want to do all the S1 cars before they do more Decepticons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
    Don't see why so many people are knocking MP5 Megs for it's time it's a very ambitious MP and goes great with MP1/4. The waist up is perfect sure the legs could be thicker but that's hard to pull off being the gun handle. The one thing I don't like about MP5 is the material his feet are made of. I've seen 5xMP5's and all of them have a discoloration on the feet one so bad it's going green.
    That's the point. His size is all wrong compared to all but 1 other MP (granted MP-01 was repainted a bazillion times but that's beside the point). He has chicken legs and rusts.

So why would I pay an exorberant amount of money for this MP when it's almost a given that another, updated version will come out down the track?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Or Galvatron. Considering the current MP lines roster isnt sticking to the mantra of Season 1 characters first - Red Alert & Smokescreen are both '85 cast members - why can't TT give MP09 Rodimus Prime a counterpart? We've seen how MP10 Optimus and MP09 Rodimus, not Hot Rod, Rodimus Prime scale together, i doubt a Galvatron will create an issue in that respect.

Well if you were collecting Transformers then he was a must get. If you're just starting now he's a tough sell I guess but he is Megatron and still the most cartoon accurate Megatron available at the moment. Might be a long time before we get a version 2 with all the Autobot bias at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
    Well if you were collecting Transformers then he was a must get. If you're just starting now he's a tough sell I guess but he is Megatron and still the most cartoon accurate Megatron available at the moment. Might be a long time before we get a version 2 with all the Autobot bias at the moment.
    He's still one of my favourites. I remember back in 2007 thinking what a great figure he was, not i'll wait until 2012 for the new Optimus to come out and how well it may scale with that. And yes, we definitely need more Decepticons. It wasn't "Autobots wage their battle their to destroy the evil forces of the F15 repaints and a walkman, naaa na na na naaaa The Transformers"

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Omg, thank you. How are people still not getting that the Masterpiece line is all about G1? Yes, there are other figures released under the masterpiece line which represent other universes. But they are all repaints from the original mold used to represent the G1 character in the first place (eg: MP G2 Lambor.)

TT didn't release the figure with the intention of marketing it first as a G2 representation of itself. Having said all that, as nice as it might be, I highly doubt they will release a "G2" version of Megs and market it as a replacement for an original G1 representation of him. And if they do, then you can tell me to stick it
    But TakaraTOMY's Masterpiece Online survey explicitly lists "G2 Optimus Prime" as a character that you can vote for to be made into a future Masterpiece toy. I'm presuming they mean Laser Optimus Prime as opposed to just MP10 with purple-blue parts and a black trailer. :/

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But TakaraTOMY's Masterpiece Online survey explicitly lists "G2 Optimus Prime" as a character that you can vote for to be made into a future Masterpiece toy. I'm presuming they mean Laser Optimus Prime as opposed to just MP10 with purple-blue parts and a black trailer. :/
    And the other Masterpiece survey includes Optimus Primal, Lio Convoy, Big Convoy, Super Fire Convoy, plus the Armada, Energon and Cybertron Primes. (Mix of Japanese and Occidental names for clarity). So the reason why "people still not getting that the Masterpiece line is all about G1" is because it's not.

If those "fan voted" figures are released with the title of MP-22 or MP-23 only and not something like MP-M01 Starscream (Movie line) or MP-12T Tigertrack (repaint of original G1 character Lambor), which separate them into sub classifications from the original Masterpiece line then I will stand corrected.

The only one who stands out is MP-02 Magnus. And yeah - I admit...I can't give explanations for that figure. But it's a blatant obvious repaint. And every other repaint after that has had another letter added to the characters MP title to separate them from the mainline which then set the new trend for sub line masterpiece figures.

TT's way of sucking up to fans for the 30th anniversay.
    More variety in the MP line is obviously a good thing. But for some the fan vote characters scale may be a problem. Scale was the main reason they revamped the line to begin with and say if fans picked God Ginrai, Ginrai as the Godmaster that transforms into the engine block of the truck would be too big as a human with tech armor on. If MP10 and the potential MP God Ginrai are to be roughly the same size in truck mode, Ginrai would have to tower over Spike...(let alone God Ginrai could be a freaking expensive toy) Just my random geeky thoughts though