Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Novocastrian saying hi, and where to start ?

Smile Novocastrian saying hi, and where to start ?

Hi everyone,

Newcastle, NSW local here. Been a fan since I was a kid. Just started seriously collecting after my 3 year old son found all my old (and fairly broken) Transformers toys in the garage. His favorite is a well-played-with Metroplex (I'm so proud).

I'm a little lost where to start building my collection again. I've gone a little crazy, collecting all the locally available YOTS Platinum figures, plus pre-ordering Predaking Platinum from BBTS. I've also picked up FOC Soundwave locally and used that as an excuse to try and complete the FOC Voyager's from BBTS as well.

Think I'll let my credit card take a breather before making any more purchases.

Here's a question - if you had to start collecting from scratch, where would YOU start ? I'm not that interested in the new Prime figures, and everything else is so hard to get hold of locally !

Regards,
    Mark.

Hi Mark and welcome
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by serialmonkey View Post
    Here's a question - if you had to start collecting from scratch, where would YOU start ? I'm not that interested in the new Prime figures, and everything else is so hard to get hold of locally !
    I'd recommend you look at what's currently available or coming out soon and focus on collecting what interests you from that. Transformers Prime is going to be winding down soon, and we now have the new Generations figures coming out giving us more G1 characters with modern toy engineering. So yeah, I'd recommend looking at Generations. There's another live action film coming out which will mean new movie toys too if that series interests you. There are also new Masterpiece Transformers coming out - we've got Soundwave (w/ Frenzy, Rumble, Ravage, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw) and Acid Storm slated for the end of the year locally, and TakaraTOMY are releasing MP Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen later too. Hasbro's MP prices have been pretty good, but TakaraTOMY's have been getting expensive (plus you gotta pay postage), so I would recommend preordering TakTOM's MPs before they come out (because you get discounts with preorders). I don't think any of TakTOM's MPs have been worth paying full price for of late.

Welcome to Ozformers. In regards to what toylines to focus on, if you want to collect locally than I suggest the Generations toyline (old/new toys being refreshed with modern engineering from all era's of transformers). If you have more of a budget and intend to purchase online, than the masterpiece line (highly detailed and articulate toys). The WFC/FOC toys are also good and fun to collect. Alternatively you can just pick and choose whatever toy looks fun and cool for you.

Welcome to the forum!

hey mark .... Just start collecting what you like first , better then what line you should be collecting ...Which character you like most and look up what figure out for that character and then the fun begin by chasing and sourcing them out ..

Welcome aboard

While BBTS' a great online store, here are some etailers located in Asia that also supply transformers. If you're after a single item, they may prove more cheaper than purchasing from BBTS, provided you don't have a Pile of Loot.

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php
    http://amiami.com/
    http://www.hlj.com/

have a good look around their websites

welcome fellow cybertronian.....

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Megatron Guest

Hi and welcome!

Mabuhay and...

to the forum!

Collections usually start with a figure one likes, so I say start from a character figure you prefer, then go from there.

I wouldn't advise you to start G1 as it is quite expensive, but if you like there is the Generations alternative as everyone has said - more poseable modern day version, although the previous Classics line ( lumped all into this generations now) will be hard and a bit pricy to find due to being out of production already. Or you could go Encore - which is G1 reissues but in less the price.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]