Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will these Universe Packs be released here?

These are new molds for me too, so I am also keen, specifically for Cybertron Evac as Springer.

As far as whether or not they'll be available here, that's anyone's get but Hasbro's. Why don't you shoot them am email Kup?

So are these meant to be homages to the G1 versions? Or part of something else because of the "universe" line?

And wouldn't this mean that Springer has no triple changing ability then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    So are these meant to be homages to the G1 versions? Or part of something else because of the "universe" line?

And wouldn't this mean that Springer has no triple changing ability then?
    Yes, Yes and Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yes, Yes and Yes.
    That's right. Based on the comics they come with so..

Roadbuster is supposed to represent his G1 Marvel UK character and Dirge is supposed to represent his G1 'Cybertronian mode' ; Dirge 'sort of' appears in the comic but like the cartoon, Cybertronian robot modes looked the same as Earth modes so the toy is supposed to be what he 'should' have looked like on Cybertron.

Ratbat is supposed to represent his Cybertronian mode seen in War Within (comic included) and Springer is supposed to be War Within Springer.

I just want Dirge. Cos he's Dirge (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    First Mate:
    "Ahoy Captain!

What should we do with these Cybertron Repaint Scallions? Arrrr!"

Captain Pulsebeard:
    "Arrrrr Me Hearty! Make 'em walk the plank! Arrrr!"

I like the sets a lot. I like the molds a lot. I think they're better than some of those other repaints like the Scattershot and Evac=Blades one.

Oh, and I agree w/ lcz128, Cybertron mode Skywarp and Thundercracker, here I come!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That's right. Based on the comics they come with so..

Ratbat is supposed to represent his Cybertronian mode seen in War Within (comic included) and Springer is supposed to be War Within Springer.
    It's been a while since I read The War Within, could someone confirm whether Springer was a triple changer by then?

I have the feeling that Hasbro is shortchanging us again with these sub-standard toy designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It's been a while since I read The War Within, could someone confirm whether Springer was a triple changer by then?

I have the feeling that Hasbro is shortchanging us again with these sub-standard toy designs.
    Ofcourse Hasbro short changed us and yes Springer is a triple changer in every G1 continuity he has been in. The toy is supposed to represent the War Within character but like most Hasbro repaints, its not exactly accurate.

Look at the other pack for example, that Cybertron Defense Hot Shot mold hardly looks like the Roadbuster portrayed in the comic it comes with yet he is supposed to represent the character.

Don't forget that Classics/Universe occurs in G1 continuity as an "alternate G2" - so apparently somehow Roadbuster's been ressurected since his demise during the Time Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge
    I just want Dirge. Cos he's Dirge (:
    I'll take Roadbuster and the comic book from that pack if you wanna split it. I also want the comic from the Springer/Ratbat set - if anyone isn't interested in keeping it please LMK and we can work something out.

Demonac has already called on Roadbuster. If he's willing to let go, sure.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister